- Name: RAMONE ATKINS
- Position: QUARTERBACK
- College: NEW MEXICO HIGHLAND UNIVERSITY
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 225 lbs
- Twitter: @RamoneAtkins_3
- Instagram: atk.right_3
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I am always calm under pressure. Comfortable leading-great arm strength, a strong build-accurate deep balls with good range I always try to hit my target receivers. Will make moves out the pocket when needed. Perceptive to on-field movement and I anticipate defense to make good field choices. I motivate team and help make players want to play better. I study the game to be a impact player.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 1st started playing at 8, always enjoyed the game, but came into a full understanding of the game about the age of 13.
What is one the thing that NFL teams should know about YOU?
- I will bring intrinsic value when in my game play on and off the field representing my Team.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- That cause would be to “Decrease Homelessness”.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- No matter what you do in life always continue to add value in different ways to stand out from all the rest.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at New Mexico Highland University?
- (WR) Cameron High a WR that was converted to RB and our 6’5 WR Cortland Brooks.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When Players do not care how they act or perform on or off the field when they feel or think no one is watching.
What is the biggest problem you have ever overcome?
- Overcoming adversity is what Defines Character the hardest moment in my life that I had to Overcome was understanding that there are politics and a business aspect that rule the game, that has nothing to do with the skill of the game on every level that is beyond my control. So I overcome, by continuing to work hard, doing my very best to be my best and leave the rest to God.
Tell Draft Diamonds something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My New Mexico Highland experience has been the best place for me to focus on completing my education with limited distractions, very peaceful. I had a chance to play on team with my big brother. It helped me mature and be self-sufficient. I met and work side a lot of talented players, and my school make me want to teach and train others, as a senior I can see how I can help others
What is your favorite snack food?
- Eating a Bowl of TRIX CEREAL
What is the best part of football?
- Relationships built, the brotherhood, the teamwork, Being on the field between those white lines generate a thrill and joy that while on the field nothing matters except the win.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence (to NFL), What would you say?
- I have lived, trained, and exhibited a work ethic to represent the league, and to be a great asset to any team that wants a skilled pro-style QB.
If you could compare your play to one player in the (NFL) who would it be?
- Josh Allen
If you could have dinner with (03) People Dead or Alive, who would it be and Why?
- (1) Deceased, my great grand-parents to hear the stories of our families existence and history of our people (2) Noble Drew Ali to hear his wisdom on our heritage and creation of our people (3) – Alive, my family. I am so far away I miss our face-to-face interactions, the laughter, our talks.