NFL Draft Diamonds recently teamed up with the Hula Bowl as their scouting staff. We are excited to bring you a list of 10 prospects that shined in week 1 of College football. Make sure you check out the article, and give Antoine a follow!
By: Antoine Tshiyombo @draftday101
- Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA SR: 117 Yards vs LSU and a 35 yard catch Charbonnet was coming off a 6 carry 106 yard 3 TD game vs Hawaii. He forced a tone of miss tackled and his display game breaking ability.
- Kyle Hamilton Safety Notre Dame JR: Displayed outstanding range ball skills and showed it’s never safe to test him. Hamilton Came away on Sunday with 2 big time Interceptions vs Florida State one of them absolutely blew up draft social media.
- Mitchell Agude Edge UCLA SR: Agude got after the QB and record 2 sacks and a force fumble his 3rd in just the first couple of weeks. He wasn’t remotely on my radar but now got my ears open. Especially moving forward.
- Deuce Vaughn RB Kansas State JR: The 5”6 170 pound running back was explosive vs Stanford picked up 3 first downs and TD on the ground. Is going to get some sleep when people talk about his stock because he isn’t big but others will start to bring up Darren Sproles in 2005.
- Dennis Houston WR Western Illinois SR: Dennis Houston was a total mismatch last week vs Ball state 14 targets and 12 Catches for 237 yards and 2 TDs vs Ball State.
- Payne Durham TE Purdue SR: Payne Durham bullied his way through the Oregon State defense last week wasn’t on my radar much but showed up big time on Saturday. Catching 7 balls for 120 and 2 TD
- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State JR: Wasn’t expecting him to start at tackle but he was named a starter and was mulling defenders vs Minnesota and looks like a guy who we could be talking about in February he was also excellent as a pass protector in his first start at right tackle.
- Jaivon Heiligh WR Coastal Carolina SR: Coming off an outstanding season on 2020 I think it’s time the Draft Community starts putting more eyes on him as a possible top 100 selection. He dominated vs the Citadel this Saturday for 6 catches on 7 targets for 133 yards and a TD.
- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson JR: I had this guy as a first round pick in my preseason rankings and he played like it he the only guy on this list who team lost but he did his part and is now a full time starter.
- Mosiah Nasili-Kite DL Maryland JR: Was a wall vs West Virginia in the run game had a forced fumble and got a few QB hits he could be a force if he keeps this up in Big 10 play.
- Jared Bernhardt QB Ferris State SR: from Superstar Lacrosse player at Maryland just one year to being the Starting QB he had a solid debut for Division II Farris state with 218 passing yards and 120 on the ground. He may star getting some recognition as a possible pro football player if he keeps it up.