Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football players. So I hope you all read this interview about Justin and follow his journey on social media!
- What is your training routine?
- I usually work out at 3 am-4:30 am go to work at 5 am when I get off I go work out again about 5 pm -6:30 and go for a late-night runs around 10 pm.
2. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- I played offensive positions in college so I’m familiar with how offenses work and what I’m gonna get from a team.
- I only really played defensive back for 2 years in college and had a lot of success with getting 1st honors and all American honors. So going forward I still have the potential to keep growing because I haven’t reached my top potential yet.
- I have really good instincts which lead to my ball-hawking abilities. This helps makes me make more plays on the ball rather than what an average DB would make.
- Also at DB I have a lot of swag about myself and I play with a lot of energy and passion at the position.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring contagious energy meaning I’m the type of guy I’m gonna uplift, my teammates, with my positive energy every time I step on the field. If they make a play I’m gonna be more excited for them and be the first one to celebrate with them. If I make a play it’s gonna be the type of energy that rubs off on my teammates and makes them want to celebrate and play at a high level as well.
4. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- The moment the game of football was taken from me for a split second. It showed me not to take the game for granted and cherish and treat every play like it’s my last. So now when I play I make sure I appreciate the game and give it my all at all times.
5. What should people know about Mister Harriel the person?
- People should know about me that 1). I’m God-fearing. 2). I’m very family-oriented. 3). I’m a hard worker. 4). I’m a team player. 5). And other than playing football I love to play basketball.
6. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I use to watch USC back in the Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll days. USC made football look so much fun and that grew on me to want to play football and become a professional one day.
7.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
- 1). I hope to be able to sign with an NFL team.
- 2). To be able to buy my parents a house.
- 3). I want to be able to inspire people and touch lives.
- 4). I want to be able to give back to the less fortunate and my community.
- 5). And win a championship.
8. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Deion Sanders, the reason being is he’s the best. The way he carries himself with high confidence and so much swag about himself. One thing about him is he can trash talk but he will always back it up he’s just overall a dog and I like that about him. He’s a game-changer I respect his game. I also believe he has a lot of knowledge and being able to ask him questions I feel like he would help me in a big way and help my IQ for the game.
9. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Battling through adversity.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would be getting a hard worker, team first player, ballhawk, a dawg, a student of the game.
11. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Scoring my first-ever touchdown, winning my first-ever championship, and winning a first-team all-conference award in college.
12. What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Any zone coverage reason being because it allows me to trust my instincts and take gambles on quarterbacks.