- Name: Merinio Dendoe
- Position: DL
- College: Morgan State University
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 285 lbs
- Twitter: @m_erinio
- What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I have a couple! In the game against NCAT, we were the underdog but we came out ready to play we were ready for the work. We believed in what we could do and we showed that to everyone. The army game was a great atmosphere it was my first time playing in front of so many people.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would go with Aaron Donald, he’s having a HOF career. Consistently the best Defensive Tackle in the league. I would like to pick his mind, learn from him. Ask what he does to perfect his craft, everyone says that he works hard and that is true, I truly believe that he’s doing more work behind the scenes. I would love to figure out what that is.
3. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I had a bit of a different background, I grew up playing soccer in the Netherlands. A great friend of mine who I consider my brother, Chavildo invited me to his game when he played for the local football team. I started playing at the age of 16.
4. What are your favorite things about playing football for Morgan State?
- The support from my teammates, training staff, and coaches is special. I can count on my brothers to be there for me, when I need them.
5. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring confidence and dominance to the field. I do my job and I’m bringing supportive energy to the sideline.
6. What is your favorite workout?
- My favorite workout is squats.
7.What should people know about Merinio Dendoe the person?
- Merinio Dendoe has a great head on his shoulders, is about his business, and likes to get things done the right way. Faces adversity by going in headfirst.
8. How do you prepare for games?
- I start watching film on our opponent on Sunday. During the week I watch my film from practice and watch the opponent, watch their film from the previous weeks. I breakdown the personnel and player tendencies. I look for cues to help me during the game.
9. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
- I’m looking forward to lead this team with my brothers to win the MEAC and the celebration bowl.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team player that works hard and always has the best interest for the team. I’m a long way from home, I know what it’s like to work my way up. I give great effort and I will take extra time to better my craft and watch film to help the team.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
I truly believe that football is bigger than just a sport. I’ve met great people thus far because of football. It taught me how to interact with people from different backgrounds. It also thought me how to carry myself as a student-athlete, I learned at an early how to balance football with school, life, relationship and my mental health.
12. What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
- I am a student of the game, I have a great get-off and quick feet because of my soccer background. I help my teammates by lining them upright. I call out stunts or blitzes, to make sure that we’re moving as a unit up front. I watch film to indicate what the offense is going to do and call it out on the field. I run to the ball. I also give my best every play, I have a positive attitude no matter the situation.