- Name: Devin Washington
- Position: DB
- College: Angelo State University
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Twitter: @DevWash4
- Instagram: @thatsdwash
1. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
It’s the best game. It’s so fun. The competition, making plays, stopping the offense. It comes easy to me. I just love this game every time I get on the field, it’s a feeling like no other. Lacing up my cleats, heading that click buckling your chin strap.
2. What past or present NFL coach would you want to learn from the most and why?
Jon Gruden, I always thought he was a cool coach and really smart. Watching him on youtube he seems like a cool coach and knows what he’s talking about.
3. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
A lot of wins. Playoffs compete for natty. Personally All-American season. Double-digit picks, break the record.
4. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
Mindset. Every ball is my ball. Even if I bat a ball down I still say that should’ve been a pick no matter what. I always find that ball.
5. What should people know about Devin Washington the person?
I’ll give the shirt off my back to anyone in need. Sometimes I make sure others are straight before I am. I go to war for my brothers. I got a hood heart.
6. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
Discipline, film study, IQ. Some things you can’t be taught.
7. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
Good energy. My teammates say I’m always talking trash every day. I like to get in the opponent’s head. I always turn my team up it feels like they feed off me.
8. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
JUCO, Risking it all starting over. Putting it all on the line I could’ve given up but I’m still going and still balling.
9. What do you love about the game of football?
Everything. This game just makes me feel some type of way. Like I said earlier it’s no other feeling when I’m in that field. I wanna play this game every day. Also the friendships.
10. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
Sit back think and pray. Or short-term memory and try to fix what I did wrong. Watch the film to see how to fix it.
11. How do you prepare for games?
Watch film, hydrate, rest, and film again.
12. What are you still learning as a football player?
Everything I learn is something new about myself, technique, the game every day on how I can improve. Also how to control me. I get mad when I get a bat down instead of a pick. I know that sounds crazy but it’s true I’m not happy I want to pick every ball off. Which I know I can.