- Name: Daniel Adeboboye
- Position: RB
- College: Bryant University
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Twitter: @danieladeboboye
- Instagram: @runlikedan
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I was in the 5th grade my older brother starting playing football in high school and just like most younger brothers I wanted to be like my older brother. When I started playing football in 8th grade I was pretty good and since then football has been my thing.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would say Christian McCaffrey because I think we’d be able to get a good workout in and probably have a good time hanging out as well. He seems like a great person to be around.
3. How do you prepare for games?
- In the week leading up to gameday I have to make sure that my body is in the best physical shape for me to perform. In order to get my body in good physical shape I spend a lot of the time in the weight room and training room. Additionally, I need to mentally prepare myself for the game so I make sure that I know my opponent and how they play. I also try to make sure that the only thing on my mind is God and football so I stay in my room on as much as possible the day leading up to the game.
4. What are your favorite things about playing football for Bryant?
- I have great coaches who always want to see me succeed on and off the field. My strength coaches do an amazing job with getting my body stronger and ready to play for games. My athletic training staff also does a great job with getting keeping my body healthy on a daily basis. Additionally, the facilities are awesome.
5. What is your favorite workout?
- I like doing circuits with my strength coaches and a couple of guys on the basketball team. The workouts involve difference exercises that challenge you physically and mentally. In terms of lifts I love to clean, bench and squat.
6. What sets you apart from other running backs?
- The power and strength that I have sets me apart from other running backs. The strength that I have in the weight room translates to the field and that’s why I’m able to break tackles and pick up blitzing linebackers. Also the intensity that I run with sets me apart. I run the ball hard, I look to be the hammer and not the nail. I want teams to hate playing me because they know they have to bring everything to tackle me.
7. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Just getting the chance to travel to another country and play the game I love at a high level. I’m originally from Canada and being able to play 2 years of high school and my college career in this country is a blessing.
8. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring the energy that my teammates needs. If they need to be pumped up I can be that guy. If they need to calm down I can be that guy. I always try to give off good energy with the way that I run the ball.
9. What should we know about Daniel Adeboboye the person?
- First and foremost I’m a man of God. Being a Christian helps center me in all aspects of my life. I love my family and I’ll do anything for them. I love to collect shoes and travel. I love getting in a good workout.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- They are going to get a guy who is willing to do anything to help his team win. A man who is going to give his all on the field whether it’s running, blocking or catching. I want to lead by example and show me team that I’m all in day in and day out.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
- I love winning with my teammates, there is almost no better feeling. I love how you can build connects with teammates within a week of just meeting them. With football you build connections for life. As a running back I know that my success has a direct correlation to my offensive line, tight ends and receivers. This sport is the ultimate team game. Along with that, you also get to compete and challenge yourself every single day.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
- I’m looking forward to having a successful season with my team. We’ve worked so hard this summer and I know we have what it takes to be a leader in the conference. This year I want to put Bryant University and myself on the map. I want to be able to make noise nationally and let everyone one know that I’ve been working in the shadows. Finally I just want to show how good and faithful God has been to me in my life.