- Name: Charlie Cleveland
- Position: DE
- College: Tiffin University
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 248 lbs
- Instagram: @charlo_p_newton
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I grew up in a very competitive household. My older brother was incredible to me and I wanted to be just like him. He played football and basketball so I did too. I just got an opportunity to play at the collegiate level.
2. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite has to be hex bar/barbell explosive squats.
3. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Most definitely Ray Lewis he been my idol since I was 12-13. His motivational speeches changed my mindset as a football player and as a man in general.
4. What are your favorite things about playing football for Tiffin?
The team is really like a brotherhood. I feel the culture is rare at this program and allows you to focus 24/7/365.
5. What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
My effort and speed. I feel I have elite speed for my size and frame.
6. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
A moment that improved me as a football player is playing my first college game. I noticed the speed and physicality level increased.
7. What should we know about Charlie Cleveland the person?
I’m all about my community. I’m from a area that’s is poverty stricken and gang infested. I want to change my community and ultimately the culture.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moment is winning the second conference championship we won in the spring.
9. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
I want to get 15-20 sacks, first team all American and win a national title.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A leader and someone who tries to be his best every day no matter what.
11. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
That warrior energy Ray Lewis influences my game play 1000%.
12. What do you love about the game of football?
Everything matters it’s a game of inches and milliseconds.