- Name: Zack Strand
- Position: Edge
- College: Frostburg State University
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Instagram: @zack_strand9
- What should we know about Zack Strand the person?
I’m one of the hardest working people you are going to meet and you shouldn’t expect nothing less than and aren’t going to get anything less than my absolute best.
2. What are your favorite things about playing football for Frostburg State?
- Being able to make my God, my family, my friends, and team proud for them giving me the opportunity to play here.
- Playing at Frostburg State is one the best things that has happened to me in my life. It’s such a small town and a tight knit community that we get so much support for our success from time to time from the community, parents, students, faculty, etc. I love it here.
3. What is your favorite workout?
Favorite workout would have to be either power cleans or squat too hard to choose between the two.
4. What sets you apart from other edge rushers?
Relentless and versatile. I keep coming the whole game 120mph. On top of that I’m capable of rushing from anywhere on the defensive line if need be.
5. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
Every time where I become more flexible, stronger, faster, and knowledgeable about my game is when I improve as a player. However there are always improvements to be made in every one of those areas so I am not done improving.
6. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Past: Reggie White known as one of the greatest D ends of all time and would be interesting to pick his mind about things that worked for him in the past. Present: Aaron Donald, to me he is the greatest to ever step on a football field at the defensive tackle position with all do respect to others who have played in the past and play now. Aaron Donald is such a technician, putting together every little detail in his game to make his game elite. From his footwork, to the way he uses his hands, to his film study, to knowing when and where to use different moves he has in his arsenal, etc.
7. How do you prepare for games?
First I do every morning on gameday is wake up and watch my top 3 favorite motivational videos by Eric Thomas and Inky Johnson, then I watch my top 3 favorite college football pump up videos, by the time I’m done with that it’s time for me to head to the training room around 8 am for my gameday early morning ice bath that I do with a teammate of mine before every game. Then I usually listen to my favorite playlist with a mixture of rap, rock, and country music to get me hype and locked in all the way up until it’s time to get ready for the game.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Every kids dream I could say. The sport came so natural to me, almost like it was meant to be or something.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
The lessons that you learn that not only make you a better player but a better person in life. Also all the times with my teammates in practice, the locker room, the games, etc
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
I’m a competition driven player that provides them with a hard worker, leader, and student of the game.
11. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
Success, domination and fun.
12. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I’m the very energetic, motivational, crazy high intensity type of guy on the field.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Prospect Interview: Bradrick Shaw, RB, Northern Iowa nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/bradri… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/caGKDARAgj
about 15 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Prospect Interview: Josh Wilkes, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/josh-w… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/R9KPXbt5gv
about 19 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 2, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/roster… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Nebraska Football: What Adrian Martinez NEEDS to do & avoid in 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/adrian… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/LTiEzPGzUl
about 24 mins ago
- Quinn Ewers To Enroll at Ohio State Early. What Makes Him So Good?? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/quinn-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4DwaWYrWyH
about 30 mins ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...