- Name: Trevante Jones
- Position: OLB, DE
- College: Central Connecticut State University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 280
- Twitter: _Tre5Jones
- Instagram: Legend2_5
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 nfl draft?
- What makes me a top prospect in this year’s draft is that I am versatile in every aspect of defense. I can be a menace in the run game and a nightmare in the passing game while in the scheme of our defense.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was first introduced to football at the age of 9 when my mom put me in for Flag Football in Providence, Rhode Island
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- The one thing that NFL teams should know about me is that I’m available. What i mean by that is that if they need me on special teams, a certain 3rd down package then i’m here for that NFL team. The overall goal for me is to compete and that’s what im going to do.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- The Athletes Against Anxiety and Depression Foundation, This Foundation focuses on providing help and guidance to individuals who are suffering from mental health battles. They will also provide opportunities for any individual who wishes to share their mental health story while also fighting to rid the stigma attached to mental health struggles.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “Don’t get Comfortable” – Trainer
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero(es) would have to be my support system, my grandparents, aunt(Tee), and most importantly my mother. They have been through a lot more than they can handle and they pushed through it with the love and support of one another. I am blessed that they have instilled in me the true meaning of love and family.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is seeing people who don’t have a goal for themselves. You should always set a standard for yourself big or small. Every day is not promised so you should be trying to outwork the progress you made the day before.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment for me was not being able to have a signing day due to the fact that i wasn’t recruited. I walked onto Central Connecticut as a Safety believe it or not. That moment changed me on how i approach the game now and in the future.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The special thing about my school is the loyalty we have to our athletics. Every team supports each other at the games or championships. We see each other every day in class or walking to the fields. I can honestly say that we have built a family culture there that will live on after we all leave Central.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I would say that my favorite snack food is Goldfish Crackers. I usually have a big carton full of those whenever i go to the grocery store.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of Football in my opinion is the tradition. There are thousands of traditions for different programs that represent the culture they have. From Clemson with their Howard’s rock to the Florida State Seminoles with their Osceola and Renegade. Fans are getting more creative with their traditions which are setting up family traditions that will live on forever.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- “Let’s get to Work”
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to Brandon Graham who plays DE on the Eagles.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I have two people in mind
- Kobe Bryant – I want to ask him about his discipline and to pick his brain about how he handles adversity
- Aaron Donald – I want to go over my film with him just to see what I could’ve done better and what I can work on to become great