- Name: Marshaun Jones
- Position: DT
- College: Valley City State University (VCSU)
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 300
- Twitter: @MarshaunJones51
- Instagram: @marshaun_jones51
1.What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
It’s my ability to move lateral, I have a great pass rush and make plays in clutch moments. When the pressure gets on me or the defense, it just makes me play better and harder.
2. At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
I got interested in football at the age of eight!
3. What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
Teams should know that I’m a competitor. Competing doesn’t provoke fear, it makes me better and hungrier. Going through college, both at my junior college and here, I had to climb the ladder and get a starting spot, which I did.
4. If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
I would donate to No Kid Hungry or a non-profit that helps recovering addicts. No kid should grow up without eating at least a couple of times a day. Kids that are under 15 or 16 can’t control if they get a job or just don’t have the sources. Also, I chose to help recovering addicts because I lost my oldest brother to drugs and if I would have known, I could have helped him right away.
5. What is the best advice you have ever received?
The best advice I have ever received is from my mom, she told me “No matter what, you keep pushing and do what you have to do and don’t let no one stop you and tell you what you can’t do.” Ever since then, I’ve just been grinding and making sure I can be the best I can be.
6. Who was your childhood hero?
My childhood hero was my mom because she did a lot for me and my three brothers growing up. When times were hard, she always figured it out and made sure we were okay and had all the stuff we needed. Growing up, she made sure she attended all our sports games and was the loudest cheering us on.
7. Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
The most underrated player on our team is Reed Graham because his work ethic is crazy, he is always cheering on the team. He also knows every position on the d line, so our coach can throw him in at any position.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when people do things not to their full potential when they are so much better than what they are showing.
9. Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
I had two hard moments in my life; one was when I lost my mother three years ago. Then another was when I lost my oldest brother this past January. When I was going through this, I just kept thinking about what they would tell me. My mom and brother always said don’t give up and keep pushing and be something great so that’s what I’m trying to do.
10. Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
Things that are special about VCSU are that it’s a smaller campus and you can get a lot of help from the teachers and staff. Also, the community in Valley is amazing everyone comes out to the games and supports!
11. What is your favorite snack food?
12. What is the best part of football?
Best part of football for me is winning and dominating the person across from you!
13. If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
I’m here to work and work some more!
14 .If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
I would say Grady Jarret because he and I are both undersized height-wise. If you watch him, he so quick and dominates upfront easily and can stay lower than other linemen and just disrupts things in the middle. I think I match up to him best because we are similar in play style and physical traits.
15. If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would choose my mom, grandma, and grandpa because my mom passed away at an early age. She was only 47 when she passed. I picked my grandma because she passed away when I was young, so I really don’t have to many memories of us. My grandpa, I never met, o it would be nice to sit down and talk to him.