- Name: Lawrence Asiedu
- Position: DB
- College: Grambling State University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Twitter: @LawrenceA_22
- Instagram: @_law22
1.What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
My ability to use my feet and technique in space allows me to play anywhere in the secondary from inside to outside and my physicality and size allow me to dominate in the box as well.
2. What are your favorite things about playing football for Grambling State?
There’s a winning mentality as soon as you walk through the door, it’s more than just a football team to us were a family and we take that to heart.
3. What should we know about Lawrence Asiedu the person?
I’m a first generation Ghanaian D1 athlete in my family as well as my twin sister who runs D1 track.
4. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Brian Dawkins and Darrell Green because of their skillset. As long as their drive and the work ethic they both have. Also being HOF and playing 3 different eras of football.
5. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Soccer was my first love when I was young in Africa until I moved to Texas and got introduced to football.
6. What is your favorite workout?
7.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
My energy is always on 10+, my understanding and foundering come from high energy’s and there’s no other way to play the defensive back position you have to have high energy.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Not having no offers my junior year in HS and then my senior year being recognized in the state of Texas as well as having multiple D1 offers.
9.What are you still learning as a football player?
I still develop and train my man skills as I grow as a football player.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A very versatile DB that’s a throwback tonight from playing inside to outside in space as well as in the box. A very vocal leader who brings the best out of his teammates. A very physical DB who loves to play on special teams to make as many plays as possible unselfishly.
11. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Take care of my responsibility as a football player which falls in line with being a team player and making as many plays as possible unselfishly.
12. What are you looking forward to as a football player?
I’m looking forward to having a full season to play in the SWAC and win a ring and really showcasing myself to NFL scouts this year.