- Name: Kaleb O’Bryant
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: East Texas Baptist University
- Height: 6’0 ft
- Weight: 187
- Twitter: @Kcobryant5
- Instagram: @Kcobryant21
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- As a wide receiver getting separation is key to being able to get the ball in your hands. Therefore, I will say my route running skills and being able to use my speed to separate from a defender to allow myself the opportunity to get the ball. Also, my understanding and IQ of being able to read a defense and find weaknesses within the concept of the play to get open.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football early on and ended up accidentally wanting to continue to play when I was four years old. Ever since then football has always been a passion and a struggle of mine.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing that NFL teams should know about me is I’m a workaholic on my craft and always wanting to acquire knowledge to further better my team and myself to reach our goal.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would be the fight against breast cancer. My friend who was very close to me and struggled to fight and battling through her cancer for years, ultimately lost against breast cancer. The process was devastating, but she fought and smiled through even the toughest days of her treatment. However, she ended up passing away in the end, but still lives on through many and I appreciate her all the time for showing me at an early age to never give up on your passion.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I’ve ever received was probably from my mother, who told me to forget about the mistakes I made before and focus on the present and the now. Focusing on the present and where you are at can build you for your future.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mom is my childhood hero
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I would have to say my teammate Samaj Boyd. He has crazy speed that could beat so many safeties out of the slot as well as playing outside and burning corners on deep routes.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when someone or specifically a teammate quits or gives up in the face of adversity without trying everything possible to find a solution.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Things in life have not come easy or been handed to me and I have had to work hard to get to the point where I am at now. While in college I have had to not only work hard on the field to have my potential noticed for an opportunity, but I have also had to work many jobs to be able to stay in college and support myself so that I can even play further football as well as continue my academic career into my master’s.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- What is so special about East Texas Baptist University is that it is centered around the Lord and growing your faith in Christ. You can feel a positive atmosphere and how it is so vibrant and welcoming like a family reunion or party. Everyone including the faculty is supportive and willing to help you succeed in life as well as strengthening your relationship in Christ.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Cheez-Its or some Gummy snacks, never can go wrong with them.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is how you can make others happy and inspire younger people as well.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
- I am a leader who is reliable, accountable, and always able to bring energy into a room when I enter.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would it be?
- If I was to compare my style of play to one player in the NFL it would be Devante Adams or Odell Beckham Jr.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with three people, I would choose LeBron James, Jay-Z, and Odell Beckham. Lebron James, because of how he is very involved with his family and does a lot for his community and children of the younger generation. Jay-Z, because of how he has built his business from the ground and persevered to get where he is today. Lastly, Odell Beckham Jr, because of how he is misunderstood and has dealt with the media through his career.