- Name: Jaquay Martin
- Position: Safety
- College: TCU
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 209
- Twitter: @bigSwaggyquay
- Instagram: @Realjaquaymartin
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me a top prospect in the 2022 NFL draft is my mental awareness and countless hours of film study. I am an avid student of the game and I love it. I’ve never been handed anything so I had to work extremely hard for everything I have. My work ethic is unmatched and I’m only chasing greatness.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- The age that I really fell in love with football was when I was 8 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- What all 32 NFL teams should know about me is that they are getting someone who has a dog mentality and is going to go 110% every day whether it’s the practice or in a game. Whatever my role is I will fulfill it and patiently become the best at it. You’re taking a chance on someone whose work ethic is going to speak for itself. My teammates will be some of the best in the world and I can’t wait to learn and take in as much knowledge as possible from the vets.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- When I sign my first contract I plan to donate to single moms, Women’s shelters, and underprivileged kids foundations.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I’ve gotten so far in my football career is that “if you work hard you will get what you want, but if you stop working hard someone else is going to get what you want”
Who was your childhood hero?
- My child hero growing up was LeBron James
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate at my school would probably have to be Max Duggan
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is the bathroom not being clean
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest movement in my life where I had to overcome adversity was when I tore my labrum in a football game and people on the other team were happy that I was injured I had to be carried off to the sideline and get examined by our trainer. He popped my labrum back in place and told me I had to be careful with the rest of the game or I could really mess my shoulder up I couldn’t let my teammates down so I went back in the game and put it all on the line and re-injured my labrum by making a big hit but most importantly we came out the W.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Something special about TCU to me is just the campus and how beautiful it is I fell in love with the school as soon as I got there. The coaching staff and people are great and that made me feel right at home.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite food snack is hot fries
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the grind. I love it because I know this is something I want to do for the rest of my life
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If I could sell myself in one sentence I would say there is a 53 man limit on an NFL roster if you draft Jaquay Martin that’s like getting 2 extra guys in 1 who can do it all on the defensive side.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- If I could compare myself to any player in the NFL it would have to be Jamal Adams.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Three people I want to have dinner with are Rubi Rose because she is beautiful, Druski & Katt Williams because they are hilarious.