- Name: Isaiah Cherrier
- Position: RB
- College: Northern State University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight:200 lbs
- Twitter: @isaiahc23
- Instagram: @isaiah.cheerier
1. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I have been playing football for as long as I can remember but one thing that really made me realize that I wanted to be a football player, was watching Adrian Peterson when I was growing up. He’s actually the reason I wanted to play running back.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would have to choose Adrian Peterson. He’s my favorite player of all time and he plays the same position as me. I would also really like to talk to him about coming off of his ACL injury and being the MVP the following year.
3. What is your favorite workout?
I love lifting weights and being in the weightroom, so my favorite workout would have to be some sort of explosive olympic lift.
4. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I think that I bring a lot of energy onto the football field. Obviously I take the game of football very seriously but at the same time I understand that it is a game that is supposed to be fun, so I try to bring a positive energy that is contagious to the rest of my teammates.
5. How do you prepare for games?
I don’t have any crazy pre game rituals or anything like that. I like to get up early and eat a light breakfast and then go stretch and move around by myself before the team is supposed to be at the stadium. Then just put my headphones on and lock in until we take the field.
6. What are your favorite things about playing football for Northern State?
My favorite thing about Northern State apart from football itself would have to be the people. I have great teammates and coaches as well as being in a great community. All of our scholarships are funded through donors, so that shows just how much the community of Aberdeen supports us.
7. What sets you apart from other running backs?
One thing that sets me apart from other backs is my ability to make plays in both the run and pass game. I have good hands and route running and can be just as productive in the passing game as the running game.
8. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
I heavily improved as a football player when I got to college and realized that everybody is a good athlete and having a high football IQ is something that can make you that much of a better football player.
9. What do you love about the game of football?
I love that football is the perfect balance of both intense physical and mental competition. I am truly a competitor and I feel like football is the greatest competition of them all. As a running back I love the feeling of making someone miss.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team would get someone that truly loves the game of football and is going to come in, put his head down, and work. I am someone who is very coachable, I understand that I don’t know everything and am always trying to expand my game.
11. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite college moment was definitely scoring my first touchdown. That was something that used to give me goosebumps thinking about when I was younger, so it was a crazy moment when it actually happened.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
We have a great team going into this year as well as a brand new stadium, so I’m just looking forward to chasing a championship with them and playing in the best stadium in the country.