- Name: Hunter Hansen
- Position: DB/LB
- College: Northern State University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 230 lbs
- Twitter: @Hunter_Hansen17
- What are your favorite things about playing football for Northern State?
The support of the Aberdeen community for Northern athletics. Their recent progression in building new practice facilities and a new football stadium. Coach Schmidt along with his staff and the academic faculty all support and help us be successful on and off the field.
2. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I grew up going to practices and being a water boy for my dad who was the high school football coach and being around football just fueled my interest in the sport. I saw the success his program was having and just wanted to play ever since I was young.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I always try to bring a good energy to everything I do. I’m not the yelling or being the loudest type, but when you can make big plays and do your job you can help raise everyone’s energy that way.
4. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Walter Payton, I watched his football life documentary, and it’s a perfect example of how far a mindset and work ethic can take you, along with what it takes to be the best.
5. What is your favorite workout?
Power clean and bench.
6. What should we know about Hunter Hansen the person?
I’m an honest, hardworking person who will put in the time to better myself and do anything I can to help the team win. I have a passion for the game and work every day to see how far it will take me.
7. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
My size and speed allow me to play different positions on the football field. I can help a team in many different ways which doesn’t limit myself. I can cover the quickest receivers to the biggest tight ends and also play the run game like a linebacker.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Winning the state championship my sophomore year in high school, away game road trips, and team workouts.
9. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
I like to try not to think a lot on the field so I can play fast and not overthink things. I’m always looking to make a big play that can change the game.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
Someone that is always looking to improve and will do anything to win and support his teammates. I’m able to play multiple positions along with all special teams.
11. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
My senior year of football in team camp, I scored the winning touchdown to win the team competition and that moment gave me a lot of confidence as a football player and person.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
Just getting back on the field and competing again. I believe our program keeps getting better and we’re ready to put it all out there and chase our goals.