- Name: Elliott Pipkin
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: University of Dubuque
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 195
- Twitter: @ejpipkin_13
- Instagram: @ejpipkin3
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My drive and mentality makes me a top prospect in my position. Coming from division 3 there are no scholarships and not always the same amount of recognition as division 1 and even division 2 schools, so you have to genuinely love football and truly believe in yourself to think you can actually play at the next level.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I’ve always had an interest in football for as long as I can remember. My grandfather put a football in my crib at a young age so it has always been an interest to me, but I first got actually interested in it in elementary school when I saw my best friend playing tackle football.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’m a worker and a competitor. I am always trying to find ways to learn and get better at the game as well as make others around me better and competition is a huge part of that.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would be to cancer research. My grandfather passed away from pancreatic cancer so it’s something that would be very special to me to donate to.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The ability to learn is a gift even when pain is your teacher.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My grandfather
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I would say the most underrated teammate would be the whole scout team. Those guys come out to practice everyday knowing they aren’t on the travel squad, but give 110% every day to get us ready for the games. I don’t think they get enough credit for what they do.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is lying because I feel that I am way too understanding of a person to lie to.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life to overcome has been losing my grandfather. He was my father figure and someone who taught me everything in life so losing him before he got to see the rest of my achievements in life has been hard.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Dubuque is special to me as a football team because it’s a bunch of guys not on scholarship, playing the game they love, and making bonds that will stick with them for the rest of their lives. It’s special to me as a school because the people and the diversity never let you feel like you’re out of place.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Peanut M&Ms
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football would be the bonds you make and the life lessons you learn. It’s bigger than the actual game of football because these are things you will keep with you for the rest of your life.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Diamond in the rough.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I’d compare myself to Allen Robinson. A smooth and reliable receiver who you can count on to make plays.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- The first person would be my grandfather just to have one more conversation with him. The second person would be Davante Adams because he is my favorite receiver in the NFL and I think I could learn a lot at a dinner with him. The third person would be Elon Musk because it would be interesting to pick the brain of someone at that level of success.