- Name: Elijah Lilly
- Position: WR
- College: Colorado Mesa University
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 175 lbs
- Twitter: @rarelij
1.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I think I bring great energy to the football field. I’m always dancing around and competing. I love to compete, so when I’m on the field I just try to dominate in anyway that I can. My energy is always high no matter what the situation is during the game.
2. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moments would have to be the bonds I made with my freshman class at UNM and scoring my first college touchdown against ULM.
3. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Desean Jackson because we’re both Cali kids who grew up in similar areas. We’re also similar in height and weight, so I think it would be cool to get a chance to hangout with him and pick his brain about what he did in order for him to make it to the next level.
4. What sets you apart from other wide receivers?
My speed, I think my speed is just one thing that sets me apart from other wide receivers. My special teams play is something else that sets me apart and the last thing would be since I started college out as a corner I’m not scared to do the dirty work or block. I don’t take plays off and always go 100%.
5. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Growing up my dad would always play madden and watch football games on tv. This made me want to get into playing football at a young age and then the rest was history.
6. How do you prepare for games?
Watch film the night before, pray before the game, joke around a little bit, and then I usually just listen to music before we take the field.
7. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite workout would probably be squats, that’s probably my favorite thing to do.
8. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Go 100% every play and dominate whoever is in front of me.
9. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
When I scored my first collegiate touchdown was the moment that made me improve as a player. At that moment I knew that I belonged and could go far with football as long as I put the work in.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A competitor, whose willing to do anything to help the team win. I’m going to go out there everyday and give it my all.
11. What is your favorite route and why?
A simple fade route because I get to show off my speed and I like to create separation from the defensive back.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
Just to go out and play. It’s been a minute since I’ve got to play in a real game . I’m looking forward to just showcasing my talent and winning games.