- Name: Elijah Demosthene
- Position: DB
- College: King’s College
- Height :6’1″
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: @EliDemosthene
- Instagram: @elijahdemosthene
1. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
What made me want to be a football player was actually watching the 2008 super bowl and feeling the electrifying energy and I knew I had to be apart of the game.
2. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
Real intense energy that’s infectious to my teammates it doesn’t matter who’s lined up in front of you don’t back down and go at them with everything.
3. What are your favorite things about playing football for King’s?
- The family atmosphere everyone on this team is like a brother.
- The aggressiveness of the coaches defensively and how we’re always in great positions to make plays.
- How the coaches actually listen to us and take account for our feedback and what we’re telling them.
4. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite workout is definitely any type of technical defensive back drills that cater to perfecting my craft and making me a better defensive back.
5. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset is I’m the best player on the field and I need to prove to myself every down that I am.
6. How do you prepare for games?
Film study breaking down teams tendencies on certain downs, top pass and run plays and the releases of their wide receivers and the quarterbacks footwork and body language on pass and run plays.
7. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
Short term memory and understanding the game within the game.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
First moment has to be rivalry game vs. Wilkes catching three interceptions and winning that game 45-0 and the second had to be my junior year holding the number one receiver in the country at the time to one catch in a game it was a battle though his one catch was amazing.
9. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
I’m personally looking forward to seeing the young guys on my team step up and come into their own and personally going after the All-American accolade but the most important thing honestly for this season is winning every game taking it week by week.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
Teams will get the hardest worker in the building, there might be guys more talented, bigger, stronger ,and faster NO ONE WILL OUTWORK ME I’ve put too much time and energy into my craft to not give it my all and doesn’t matter if I’m the 53rd guy on the roster or the 1st I’m coming to work.
11. What should we know about Elijah Demosthene the person?
Elijah Demosthene the person is someone that stops at nothing to achieve goals and dreams and wants to be THE STANDARD anywhere and everywhere I go.
12. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Deion Sanders he’s the best football player ever and his mindset is unmatched and his approach to the game can be used in life a lot of wisdom there.