- Name: De’Andre Washington
- Position: Tight End
- College: University of Arkansas-Monticello
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 235
- Twitter: dedekong88
- Instagram: dedekong88
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My versatility…. I am capable of lining up anywhere on the field and creating mismatches.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing teams should know is that I am a team player and will accept any role from day 1.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- My one cause would be to kids who live with single mothers. Most kids go down the wrong path because the absence of a strong father figure.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I’ve received cane from my brother: “They gone see you when you on top of that skyscraper fighting them airplanes only thing is you gone survive stand tall & beat on your chest.” The meaning behind it is when you are successful or when everything is going right, people are going to try to do everything in their power to knock you down, but instead of coming down like King Kong did, I’m still gone be on top no matter what. That’s my motto and brand #KongMentality
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mother
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- CJ Parham: WR
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Trying to be something that you are not and lying
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Father and brother’s death
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- UAM is so special to me because of the community. The town are big supporters of the program and its always a great feeling when I get stop at places when I am seen with a UAM football shirt telling me how excited they are for the season.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Fruit snacks
What is the best part of football?
- The grind… Everything else is nice and all but its all about the progress to get to where you wanna be. It’s honestly an unbelievable feeling.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- A teammate thats going to take on any role and excel at it.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Darren Waller
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- First it would be my day and brother just so i could have one more conversation with them and tell them how much I miss them. Finally, Nipsey Hussle so i can pick at his brain and gain as much knowledge as I can from him about running a brand and spiritual things.