Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Cam’s career via Twitter @big_head15
1. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Reason I started playing football was because the game truly looked fun and as I got older I learned I had to train in order to be great and I love pushing past my limits to get better.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I honestly have three. Jarvis Landry, Stefon Diggs, and Odell Beckham Jr. mainly because they seem fun to be around, they love the game, they work extremely hard every off season to improve and I watch all of them closely whenever they play.
3. What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
To play in the NFL or get into one of these other leagues do well and work my way up.
4. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite work out is bench press.
5. What is a skill that you have that you think translates into the NFL well?
I would say route running. I take pride in my craft running precise routes to get open.
6. How do you prepare for games?
The way I prepare for games is very serious to me I make sure I’m consistently hydrated and eating a well balanced diet. I’m always out an hour before the whole team warming up, stretching, just mainly taking care of my body and getting ready to be able to compete at the highest level I can.
7. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
The energy I bring to the football field is seriousness. I’m extremely passionate about football and I may not be the loud type all of the time but I definitely bring the energy in my work ethic.
8. Rank focus, footwork and skill. Based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
Focus, skill, and footwork. The reason I have focus first is because without it you can have all the skill in the world but if you’re not focused you won’t reach your potential. Skill is second because you simply have to have skill to play in the NFL there’s no way around that. Footwork is third not because it isn’t important but because it’s sort of tied in with focus. You can get better at footwork if you’re truly focused on it but with skill you either have it or you don’t.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moments from my football life has to be the training in the off season. Seeing myself get better, faster, and stronger, through hard work is very satisfying.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team will get in me someone who never gives up and is never satisfied no matter what. I strive to be better than I was yesterday every single day.
11. What should we know about Cam White the person?
Me as a person I show love to everyone. I just want people to be great. I’m always smiling because life is good and will only get better.
12. What do you love about the game of football?
Getting better, it’s one of the best feelings seeing your progress from training translate to the field.