- Name: Brian Steven Morales
- Position: Long Snapper
- College: Colorado Mesa University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 230
- Twitter: Bstevenm62
- Instagram: Bstevenm62
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- As a Long snapper since young pee wee years, I have really been master my ability and be incredibly consistent. I snap a consistent .68-.70 second punt snap at the hips level and through my college career we have done a pro style punt where we have never let up a block and I have accrued various tackles. I know that pro style punt is less common in college and I have had 3 years of experience doing this style and im goin onto my 4th year doing pro style.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- At about 7 years old I began my football career and I’ve never looked back since.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I crave to be successful and I work harder than anyone so that I can avoid failure, although failure may come it doesn’t effect the way I work and makes me work harder.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I’m not too familiar with specific charities but I know that I would donate to charities that provide educational supplies and clothes for less fortunate kids. I was blessed to have clothes on my back and supplies for school growing up and I know that throughout the US there are kids unable to have access to proper clothing and supplies for school.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- My parents instilled that I am capable of anything I want in life as long as I work to succeed and learn from my mistakes rather than dwelling on them. My parents influenced my life so much that I always take into account what they tell me and I try my best to be the best person I can be.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My brother is my childhood hero, he really put into reality what a successful person looks like he was a great student and athlete and he was just loved by all the people around him. He was just a great role model for me and he still is my hero.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- In all honesty I believe that I am the most underrated person on my team. Long snappers already are a very underrated position to where no one knows the long snapper of a team unless they mess up. From my perspective I think I’ve been the most consistent player on our team for the last 3 years, I’ve always done my job at the best of my ability and never caused an issue on punt or field goal. I honestly like the pressure of being unknown but having a lot of responsibility.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Jamming my toes into something, that will ruin a long part of my day if it happens.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My junior year of high school I had a season ending injury and missed the entire season, all the schools I was talking to had dropped off and I wasnt sure if it was worth competing my senior year because I’ve used football as an outlet to get education, I love football but it came down to not having my parents pay for my education. I just struggled battling my own psyche but I had enough support from my family to push through what I was going through and continue the sport I love and im so happy that I did.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- I love the area its in, I’ve come to find that I am a nature lover and where my school is located its great for all types of outdoor activities.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Sliced cucumbers with lime and tajin!
What is the best part of football?
- I love the excitement it brings to me, the butterflies, the ups and downs. Football gives me so much emotion it truly makes me feel alive. Im not looking forward to the day I hang up everything because then I’ll need to find something that brings me the same emotions.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If you want consistent success im here.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Luke Rhodes
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather on my dads side because I was never able to meet him and I’ve only heard great stories about him.
- Elon Musk, I find people with high intellects more admirable than actors or athletes. I would love to just understand his work ethic and why he wants to change the world in the way he is doing.
- Mac Miller, I’ve just grown up loving his music and I honestly think he is a legendary artist in the most recent generations