- Name: Omardrick Douglas
- Position: LB
- College: SE Missouri State University
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 234 lbs
- Twitter: @They_CallMeO
1. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I like to set the tone. I view the football field as holy ground and anytime I’m on it I give my best and also make sure my teammates are just excited to be on the field as I am.
2. What are your favorite things about playing football for SE Missouri State?
My favorite things about playing for SEMO are we work hard and take pride in being a RedHawks player. SEMO has not had a historically great program but here in the past 4 years we have changed the culture. Everyday I get to build relationships and play the game I love.
3. What sets you apart from other linebackers?
What sets me apart from other linebackers is my ability to process plays before the snap. I enjoy being in the film room . I was told from one of my mentors in high school that football is a thinking man’s game and since then I’ve taken film study more serious and I’ve been able to out think and outwork my opponents.
4. What NFL coach past or present would you like to learn from the most and why?
I would choose to learn from Coach Bill Belichick because he is a winner and I love winning also he demands that his players play the game the right way.
5. What should people know about Omardrick Douglas the person?
People should know that Omardrick Douglas is not just a football player and that my identity is not wrapped in that. Football has been a tool I have used to earn a degree and earn the opportunity to receive a Masters degree in December by taking advantage of every opportunity I have been blessed with has changed my family tree for the better and I always strive to give my best and take my short comings with a grain of salt so that I can be even better.
6. Rank focus,footwork and skill. Based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
1. Focus 2. Footwork 3. Skill I believe that focus is most important because the game of football is a long emotional and physically demanding game. At any moment anything can happen good or bad and a lack of focus means you are not locked in to the game. Footwork and skill are kind of a toss up for me and I view them as the same you have to work at footwork to become skillful at it.
7. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
The keys to success for me aren’t too complicated, play hard, play smart and play fast and physical.
8. What is one moment that improved you as a football player?
My redshirt freshman year I did not play much and we dealt with injuries towards the end of the season and an opportunity for me to play happened and from learning from the older players I did not shy away from the moment because I was prepared to step in to that role.
9. What is your favorite workout?
I love squatting it is you vs you it’s nothing like pushing yourself to new strides being in the squat rack.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team would get a great teammate and a leader who also knows how to follow. I am someone who loves special teams and I play with a chip on my shoulder and want to learn from veterans to become the best player I can be and work my tail off day in and day out.
11. What are you still trying to learn as a football player?
I am still trying to learn different ways that I can effect the game different ways I can take the ball away, how I can make more plays on special teams to help my team get a edge on all phases of the game.
12. What is your favorite coverage and why?
I love playing cover 4 because it allows me to look at the quarterback and feel receivers in my zone. There is only one ball on the field so having eyes on it makes life a littler easier while trying to disrupt routes and timing.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Football News | Can Joe Mixon BE AN RB1 WITH INJURIES?? | TFD nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/joe-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/W313jxYi6Q
about 23 mins ago
- Former Clemson standout and Cowboys Alumni @Ham_25 is also a real estate agent in my kids birth city of Florence, S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Former NFL tight end Ben Johnson has now taken his talents to the Real Estate Market! If you are looking for a hous… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Is Tyreek Hill’s KNEE INJURY CONCERNING?? | TFD nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/tyreek… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0GR012jBVX
about 5 hours ago
- Today was my kids first day of school! Today is my Birthday! Tonight there is Football! Who is with me? https://t.co/6DKnmMBaBt
about 5 hours ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...