- Name: Morgan Vest
- Position: DB
- College: Northern Arizona University
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 203 lbs
- Twitter: @MorganVest05
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
For as long as I can remember all I’ve ever wanted to be was a football player. I started playing when I was 4 years old and instantly fell in love with the game. I can’t remember a time when my dream wasn’t to play in the NFL, both my dad and grandfather played in college so being able to carry on their legacy and represent them means the world to me. Playing football is all I’ve ever wanted.
2. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
I flip a switch when I get on the football field. I consider myself a nice guy in public but when I step in between those white lines whether it’s for practice or a game my whole mentality flips. My mindset is to impose my will on the man lined up across from me. I want everyone in the stands to see that I’m the baddest man on the field at all times. And that anyone who gets in my path better have their stuff strapped tight because I’m not slowing down.
3. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
I think the keys to success in football are just doing your job at an extremely high level, repeatedly, every play. Trust that the man next to you will do his job so you have to do yours. And effort. No great team plays with average effort you must play with high effort in order to be successful.
4. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
My physicality, my speed, and my football IQ are what set me apart from other defensive backs. I pride myself on being a physical football player and getting everyone lined up in the correct call before each play. I’ve always been told that safeties are the QB’s of the defensive so I take it upon myself to be that figure for our defense and to have the knowledge of the game that is needed for it. And for my speed, I honestly feel like I don’t get enough credit for this part of my game but it 100% sets me apart from other players. I have the speed to run with anyone on the field at any time, you will almost never see me getting ran by while at the same time using my speed to make plays on the ball or chasing down and saving long runs.
5. What is your favorite workout?
Choosing a favorite workout is a tough one. I love to workout and think of myself as a gym rat. I like to mix my workouts up switching from powerlifting, Olympic lifting and even crossfit from time to time. I will say that my favorite lifts without a doubt are squat, clean, and deadlift.
6. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Sean Taylor and Walter Payton would be my choices for players to hangout with. Just to be able to sit down and talk with those two about their mindsets on the field and what today’s game is compared to their times would be an honor.
7. What are your favorite things about playing football for Northern Arizona?
Some of my favorite things about playing football at NAU is the location. Flagstaff is a beautiful place and the weather is a whole lot better compared to back home in Texas. Another one of my favorites is being able to start building a new culture and a new program here with my teammates. I’ve been blessed to make some tremendous friends here and consider my teammates my brothers. Also, being able to learn from a guy like Coach Ball is a great opportunity as well.
8. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I feel like I bring an encouraging type of energy to the field. I may not be the loudest most out spoken guy but I let my actions speak for themselves. I don’t get down and I don’t get too high I stay in that neutral mindset and focus on the next play.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Winning a JUCO championship was a moment and a season I’ll never forget. Winning the championship 72-16 and sharing that moment with my teammates will stick with me forever. After everything we went through that year to finish it with a championship and a final #3 ranking in the nation and to see all our hard work pay off was amazing.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team is going to get a very smart, aggressive player in me. Someone who doesn’t make mistakes and who plays all out every snap. But more than anything a team would get a hard worker and a coachable player as well. A leader who’s not afraid to step up in big time moments.
11. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
My biggest challenge in life has been always being overlooked. Feels like everywhere I’ve gone I’ve never been anyone’s first, second, or even third choice. Always been the guy who was counted out. But it’s made my journey just that much sweeter, I love having that chip on my shoulder. I still remember some of my high school coaches that told me I wasn’t good enough to play in college. I remember all the schools that wouldn’t offer me scholarships because they didn’t believe I was as fast as I said, or even the schools that pulled my scholarships after an injury in high school. I remember everything. It makes it that much easier to prove everyone who doubted me wrong. I embrace that underdog role, everyone loves an underdog story.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
This season I’m looking forward to winning a Big Sky championship and having a chance to compete for a National title. I think we have a lot of talent on our team and I’m ready for us to go out there and be able to showcase it against some great big time opponents.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mackenzie Balanganayi, EDGE, Wisconsin-Whitewater nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/macken… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devonni Reed, S, Central Michigan nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/devonn… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xWJUL2eKVz
about 8 mins ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Lorick, WR, Wagner College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 11, 2021 | Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- The Big 10 East QB’s: Who will be the best QB in the Big 10 East in 2021? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/big-10… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SwhmkDZODP
about 3 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...