- Name: Desmond Veals
- Position: LB
- College: Lamar University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: @D_TVeals24
- Instagram: @Desmond_Veals
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I grew up with a football in my hand, that’s just always the ball I picked up as a kid and stuck with it.
2. What is your favorite coverage and why?
Cover 3 because there’s so many ways to disguise and move to play around with the QB.
3. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Kam Chancellor because he’s my all time favorite safety.
4. What are your favorite things about playing football for Lamar?
There’s a family culture here that’s unbreakable.
5. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite workouts consist of band movements & explosion drills.
6. What are you still learning as a football player?
As a football player I feel there’s always something to learn there’s never such thing as too much knowledge. The more you know the more successful and slow the game is.
7. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moment from my football life would probably be playing for the salvation army in Beaumont, Texas, looking back I think everybody enjoyed the pee wee days.
8. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
On field my energy is high and locked in where I’m hype but I’m not too hype.
9. How do you prepare for games?
It starts with practice, I try to have good practices and know what I want to do to a opponent when I get to the game. Before every game I listen to Zydeco music and a mix of Youngboy, the Zydeco helps me relax & focus, then right before we go out for the game I turn Youngboy on to get me in my zone while I look over the weekly key sheet.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
All in guy. whatever the goals are, what ever role that i plays that’s what gets handled. Work ethic along with football IQ & athleticism. All around guy who just comes to work.
11. What should we know about Desmond Veals the person?
Me as a person I’m always somewhere working or trying to do something pertaining to the future yet taking things day by day.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
This off-season I’ve been focusing on my techniques and living in the film room, in my upcoming season I plan to double my production numbers on field all while enjoying playing inside my teammates in the WAC.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for August 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- GENERAL MANAGER HOPEFUL LOOKS TO RESTRUCTURE NFL FRONT OFFICE PAY nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/genera… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SyKWEw8Ptj
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Football News | Can Joe Mixon BE AN RB1 WITH INJURIES?? | TFD nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/joe-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/W313jxYi6Q
about 2 hours ago
- Former Clemson standout and Cowboys Alumni @Ham_25 is also a real estate agent in my kids birth city of Florence, S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Former NFL tight end Ben Johnson has now taken his talents to the Real Estate Market! If you are looking for a hous… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...