- Name: Anthony Federico
- Position: Defensive End
- College: Queens University
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 248
- Twitter: @federicotheboss
- Instagram: @anthonyfederico
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My motor runs 120% on every play, my mentality to never lose, as well as my grit to do whatever it takes to be the best makes me the best prospect in this draft.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 8 years old
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I will never lose a rep without attacking at 120%
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Youth Mental Health Canada. I would donate to this cause because I would love to help them with supporting their mission on raising awareness on youth mental health and to help provide a better support program for the youth.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “What’s Your Why”. Early on in high school my strength and conditioning/ Defensive line coach Davey Lavey would preach this to us all the time and it has stuck with me ever since. Understand why you’re doing something and the reason why you want to do it, With always having that why in mind you know what you need to do/ sacrifice to get the job done.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Lee Evans. Growing up a big Bills fan, I loved wake up every Sunday and watching Lee Evans put on a show.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Oliver Mackenzie. Oliver is one of the most determined guys I have ever met and he lives for the grind on and off the field.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Not being able to get into university right away. Coming out of high school I didn’t have the marks to go to university right away. I had a lot of people doubt my academic abilities to go to university. So, I had to take the route of going to college first, bumping up my GPA and playing in the CJFL to be able to get the opportunity to play football and attend Queen’s University.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Best varsity weight room in the country. This is so special to me because it has all the resources available for me to become the best athlete possible.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Peanut M&M’s
What is the best part of football?
- The offseason. This is where you make the jump to always becoming a better player and separate yourself from the competition
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Student of the game who is very coach able, loves the grind, has a lot of grit, and has a mentality to never quit.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Joey Bosa, both Speed pass rushers who can still play a big part in stopping the run
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Bruce Smith
- Von Miller
- Lawrence Taylor
-These would be the 3 I select because Bruce Smith is my favorite football player of all time and I would love to pick his mind about the spin mood. Von Miller because I would love to learn from arguably the best pash rusher of my generation. Lastly, I would pick Lawrence Taylor to hear about all of his stories from his playing days and learn what it really means to have grit mentality from one of the best to play the game.