- Name: Tareo Johnson
- Position: LB
- College: Bethune-Cookman University
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 240 lbs.
- Twitter: @Tareo52
1.What are your favorite things about playing football for Bethune Cookman?
– The thing I enjoy most about playing for Bethune Cookman is the fun that the institution and coaching staff have poured back into me. The last 2 years here I’ve regained a stronger love for the game and I really enjoy playing alongside my teammates.
2.What is your favorite workout?
– My favorite workout is power cleaning. I love getting more explosive and seeing myself move weight off the floor. Besides the weight room I’d say 7on7.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
– My mindset on the field is totally different from regular day to day thinking. I take pride and I’m very passionate in what I do. It’s like the outside world doesn’t exist and getting the ball back to the offense is the only thing that matters.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
– I would choose to hang out with Clay Matthews. He was my favorite player growing up and I thought he was one of the greatest pass rushers ever. He over came a lot to get to the league and I just like to look at that and remind myself to just keep working it’s going to pay off in the end.
5.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
– I think the most important keys to success on the field are great communication and understanding of the playbook. If all 11 understands their job and how they contribute to making the team better along with great on the field communication their will be little to no room for error. Playing against other top notch athletes you have to separate yourself by knowing what could happen and staying locked in with the guys around you.
6.What sets you apart from other linebackers?
– The thing I believe sets me apart is my instincts and ability to dissect a play before it happens. I always based my game on making smart plays and being able to play anywhere in the front 7. I like to bang in the trenches just as much as I like to read the QB and play in coverage. I’m willing to do anything to help my team win.
7.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
– My biggest challenge in life has been dealing with COVID. This virus has taken so much from me and it’s been tough dealing with it but me and my family just take things one day at a time.
8.What do people need to know about Tareo Johnson the person?
– Football has been such a big part of my life only my closest friends and family know me outside of the sport. I am a very interesting person, I like to do hands on things such as fixing, building, drawing or painting. I enjoy a hard days work and feeling like I helped someone or got something done that day. Other than that I just love making fun memories with family and friends.
9.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
– I’m a very high energy guy. Playing linebacker and being on defense requires high energy. I like to be locked in and hyped getting my guys ready to go!
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
– An NFL team will get a guy who’s bought in to the team and is willing to do anything to get our team the W. I’m very dedicated and passionate about playing the sport this is not something I chose to do for fun. I’m going in there ready to work learn and win ball games!
11.What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
– I’m just looking forward to this upcoming season period. I haven’t played a game since November 2019. I’m itching to get back out there and initiate contact.
12.What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
– I look forward to getting on a team and somehow contribute to winning games and one day earn a spot on a starting lineup.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mackenzie Balanganayi, EDGE, Wisconsin-Whitewater nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/macken… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devonni Reed, S, Central Michigan nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/devonn… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xWJUL2eKVz
about 12 mins ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Lorick, WR, Wagner College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 11, 2021 | Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- The Big 10 East QB’s: Who will be the best QB in the Big 10 East in 2021? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/big-10… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SwhmkDZODP
about 3 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...