Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read his interview and follow his journey on Twitter @TheReal_jm17
1. What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
To get an opportunity to live out my dreams as a child. To inspire the kids and show them it doesn’t matter where you go or what you went though. It is always possible to do what you dreamed of.
2. What is a moment in your football career that improved you as a football player?
Learning from the guys in front of me my redshirt year. That sprung me into a starting position and it carried though my senior year. Now the guys that were behind me are doing the same thing to elevate their game. Student of the game.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
Always bringing that positive energy. Always keeping people on their toes. Great energy rather we up or down. I’m going to always give my best.
4. What is your favorite workout?
Plyometric workouts with explosive weight movements like hang cleans, power clean, etc.
5. If you could hang out with any football player past or player for a day who and why?
Sean Taylor or Tim Tebow. Sean Taylor, he was just different breed of football and I always watched him before games. Tim Tebow, great person that I can see. Makes a lot of smart decisions. If you ask me he’s living the dream. Playing baseball, football, ESPN Announcer . It’s crazy how talented he is at his young age.
6. What sets you apart from other DBs?
My size/ student of the game. It’s like having a coach on the field all at once. I am hidden gem. I can play anything you need me to do I can, play any position on special teams. I can guard slot WR/TE. Also I can play in the box. A lot more physical then any other DB.
7. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
Knowing who is beside you. Knowing their weakness so you can help them out. Knowing your personnel (as in who you playing with on the field) . Knowing your play book. You can be an average player but if you are smart that can take you a long way.
8. What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
Whatever role that can help the team. If it’s scout team, I’m going to give it my all. If it’s special teams, I’m going to give it my all. So on & so on..
9. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Eat or be eaten. Mindset is always be the best I can be that day or better than I was yesterday.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
Hard working player that they don’t have to worry about on or off the field. Somebody who going to give their all whether it’s on a practice squad or the starting squad.
11. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Sold out crowd . October 5, 2017. Thursday Night football. Getting my first offer. Getting opportunities to give back to kids that dream the same dream as you.
12.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Honestly I wanted to be a hooper but a random guy at the time said “hey have you ever tried football ” so I took the opportunity and I was pretty darn good at it.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ian McCullough, DT, Northeastern State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for June 16, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Demetris Harris, OG, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dustin Rock, DL, Castleton University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/dustin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Hasahn French: St. Louis Billikens basketball player to play Tight End in the NFL? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/hasahn…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...