- Name: Danny Corbett
- Position: OL
- College: Campbell University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 300 lbs.
- Twitter: @Dcorbett15
1. What are your biggest traits on the football field?
My competitive nature, mental toughness, good footwork, and hand placement.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would have to say Taylor Lewan or either Quenton Nelson, I really look up to both of those guys and how they play the game of football and how they attack their jobs. They are both really competitive guys on the field but still have a lot of fun playing.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
To physically and mentally dominant the man across from me for 60 minutes, and gain their respect.
4. What is your favorite workout?
Different types of Bosu ball workouts, so I can focus on strengthening and building muscles that I normally wouldn’t in a regular football workout.
5. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
Mental Toughness, being disciplined, having a strong drive and want to, knowing what you have to do then executing it and then having a lot of fun playing.
6. What sets you apart from other offensive linemen?
How well I can move in space and on screens and find my guy and fit them up and my ability to pull an fit a linebacker or kick out/log an end.
7. Rank focus, footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
I would say that first you would have to be focused so that you know and understand what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. Second you have to have the skills in order to compete and do the things you’re supposed to and lastly would be footwork although it’s extremely important to have good feet I feel like that comes with growth.
8. What is a skill that you have that you think translates into the NFL well?
I think that my speed and strength will carry over and translate the best.
9. What is a moment in your football life that improved you as a football player?
My freshman camp at Butler CC we did this thing called “county fair” and it will weed out the guys that think they wanna play football from those that really do.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A competitor, someone that truly loves the game of football and a guy that’s going to bring it everyday in the weight room, on the field/off the field, and somebody that wants to learn how to be better everyday.
11. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I bring a lot of high energy and enthusiasm to the field every time I step in between the white lines. Whether it’s a game, practice or walkthrough.
12. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
In high school we scored 92 points in the first round of the playoffs. But I’ve enjoyed the journey it’s taken me on from little league to college.