- Name: Turner Bernard
- Position: Long snapper
- College: San Diego State University
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 235
- Twitter: @Turnerbernard1
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- Being a long snapper you’re not going to get all the hype in the world and I am just fine with that. I also understand there are many more positions on the field that need to be filled before a team breaks down snapping film.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I seek perfection in every snap that I throw, my constant goal is to be perfect in every thing that I do. From snapping, to drills, to the weight room, to everything in between, I strive to be perfect!
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to the Cancer Research Institute. I lost my Grandma last year to a very rare cancer. Donating to help end such a horrible disease seems like the right choice.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero would have to be my dad. To this day he still is!
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I would have to say Caden McDonald. He is a true warrior in and out, and has an unreal dedication and passion for the game of football. He is an absolute menace as a linebacker.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when people are late. To me it shows me that they don’t care to be there and it’s not worth their time. You’re either 20 minutes early or you’re late!
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest thing I can say I have been through was when my parents went through a divorce. However it made me tougher and made me into the man I am today.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- San Diego State is one of the best academic schools in the nation! No better place to get a great education, be surrounded by great sports teams, and be within 15 minutes of the beach. Can’t beat it!
What is your favorite snack food?
- Hands down double stuff oreos.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- You are getting the most dedicated snapper in the draft. You will not find anyone who is more dedicated to the art of long snapping. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep my craft perfect and push my team to the best we can possibly be, Super Bowl winners.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to Nick Sundberg. I grew up looking up to him and training with him and I would say what I have learned from his skill set, definitely sets us apart from other snappers.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- It would have to be my Grandma and Grandpa Bernard, and my Grandma Turner. I would love to see them all again and show them the man that I have become.