- Name: Seth Cottengim
- Position: LS
- College: Arkansas State University
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 237
- Twitter: @SethCottengim
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I wouldn’t call myself an underdog. My understanding of being an underdog is that I’m a predicted loser in a competition, and I don’t see myself that way. I’m confident in my ability, and my career shows that when a job needs to get done, I get it done, and done well.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- Everyone in this class is an exceptional snapper, but I separate myself from the rest with my athleticism and snap speed. I pride myself on throwing the fastest snap and being the most athletic snapper in this year’s draft class.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I’d donate to help find a cure for brain cancer. I’ve had friends and teammates pass away from brain tumors, which when diagnosed are usually diagnosed too late to be cured.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Tony Hawk
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Cody Grace for sure. The biggest punt leg I’ve seen in my entire career as a long snapper. His accuracy, consistency, and overall punt distance and hang time is unmatched. He had several private NFL workouts arranged but then Covid-19 hit last year and all workouts and pro days were canceled.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When you get way more sleep than usual, but feel even more tired. The math doesn’t add up.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Growing up money wasn’t short but it definitely wasn’t long. At a young age I realized I had to take responsibility for myself and my future. I spent a lot of time on my own putting in the work to be the best athlete, student, and person I could be. I also had a few jobs through school, typically at food spots so I could get discounted or even free meals. All this helped me understand that there is no substitution for hard work. If you want to achieve something you got to put the time in. Ultimately, I’m grateful for my upbringing! My parents worked their tails off to give me an amazing childhood and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- There are no major sports teams in Jonesboro, so when you drive into town it’s all Red Wolves everywhere. The community created from the pride in the university is like no other. Everybody knows everybody and when you interact with people it’s like talking to family.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Smoothies, big tropical smoothie guy.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am the most athletic and coachable long snapper with the fastest snap speed in this year’s draft class.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- He just retired in 2020 but I’d say Zak DeOssie.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Elon Musk: I graduated with a Physics degree so he is one of my intellectual heroes.
- Ray Charles: Being a musician I’d love to talk music and play music with him.
- Jesus: Because it’s Jesus.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ian McCullough, DT, Northeastern State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for June 16, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Demetris Harris, OG, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dustin Rock, DL, Castleton University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/dustin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Hasahn French: St. Louis Billikens basketball player to play Tight End in the NFL? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/hasahn…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...