- Name: Ryan Neuzil
- Position: OL
- College: Appalachian State University
- Height: 6′ 2 1/2″
- Weight: 301 lbs
- Twitter: @Neuz_Flash
- What sets you apart from other OL?
- I would say my on-the-field IQ. You can see in my film that I am able to adjust on the run and dissecting the defense pre-snap to know what they are going to do before they do it.
2. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I would say my favorite moments ever would be receiving my first full-ride offer, my first career start, beating North and South Carolina in 2019, and each sunbelt championship I was able to participate in and win.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- When I’m on the field my mindset is just to be the baddest guy out there! I know if I hear my name it’s usually because I’ve done something wrong that’s how it goes at OL. I know that I have to fight for 60 minutes with the guys lined across from me.
4. What is your favorite workout?
- My favorite workout is probably deadlifts they translate well to the field and help me work on my explosiveness.
5. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would say Jeff Saturday he spoke with us at the NFLPA bowl and it was really good hearing his story and what he went through and his amazing career it would be someone I could relate to early on and could pick his brain for some tips.
6. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Growing up my first love was basketball I was an athletic big man but as you can tell it wasn’t a viable option for the future. My sports growing up were always football and basketball and I loved both and just loved competing. I knew football was going to be my future for the college level and really focused on it in high school.
7. What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Playing with speed is the first thing you aren’t able to play fast if you are unsure about your assignments and then just getting in the film room to get the edge on other players to dissect the scheme.
8. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- I would say first coming to college being away from my family for the first time and just adjusting to the full experience ahead.
9.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’d like to say a bring a sense of leadership and calm to the offensive line. When in the huddle a lot of guys look to me so if I’m not level-headed then no one is. But don’t get me wrong I bring the grit and swagger that is needed to do the job.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a smart and accountable player! Someone who you know is always going to do the right things and prepare the best way possible.
11. What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
- I would like to fill whatever role the team needs me to be if it’s a backup role or a 6th man role I will be happy to help the team however I could.
12. Rank focus, footwork, and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- I would have to go footwork, focus, and skill. Great footwork can make you succeed at OL even if you mess up sometimes. Also to add focus can give you an edge of knowing what’s going to happen before you even run the play and then skill I put last because if you have all the talent but bad footwork and focus then you aren’t going to make it very far.