- Name: Richard McBryde
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Southern Methodist University
- Height: 6ft 1 inch
- Weight: 230
- Twitter: @R_mcbryde15
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog
- Absolutely. You can see by watching my film, I play hard, I give great energy on the field, and am consistent at making plays. If anyone watches my field they will see what I bring to the game.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My love for the game. I study the game constantly, I love going to workouts, and it’s a blessing to play this sport.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- World Hunger
Who was your childhood hero?
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Reggie Roberson. Watch his film and it will speak for itself.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people stop the microwave at 1 second.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I’ve had a lot of loss in my life. I lost my dad at a young age, I lost my brother last year, I lost a teammate, and I lost my last season at Auburn due to my neck injury. Despite all of that, my passion for football and my determination to get two degrees never let up.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Southern Methodist University allowed me the opportunity to live in a big city. Being in a prestigious neighborhood in Dallas, I was exposed to a lifestyle I had never seen before.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My Favorite snack food is Chips Ahoy, Oranges
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- You won’t find a more passionate and hardworking person who studies the game as much as me.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I play the game with my own style.. but Fred Warner, Darius Lenard, Lavonte David, and Zach Cunningham have had a major impact on how I play.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My brother, Patrick Willis, and my grandma. My brother because that is my brother, Patrick Willis because he could teach me the way of the game, and my grandma because she’s gotta cook the food.