- Name: Oscar Bradburn
- Position: Punter
- College: Virginia Tech
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 216
- Twitter: @oscbradburn
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I get how that could be the case but I don’t really think that at all. Without sounding brash, I am confident in where I stand and what I need to achieve to be a successful NFL quality punter. I think the best thing I can do is to keep putting my best foot forward and showcasing that!
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- Although it’s cliché, I am diligent in my preparation and very even-keeled with the emotions that come along with my position. Not getting too high on myself if something goes right, but also being able to focus on the task ahead if something doesn’t go as planned.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one area of the world it would be mental health. I think it’s important to break the stigma and silence (particularly in men) surrounding issues that are more common and normal than most people think. It’s an issue that ruins too many lives.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My Mum! Having raised an energetic and rebellious little kid all the way through to a hormonal teen in a single-parent household was more heroic than anything I could imagine. Stack on 40 hour work weeks and daily trips across the city to get me to football practice and the picture starts to paint itself. She’s a saint.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Rayshard Ashby. ‘Rook’s’ ability on the field is only half of what makes him such a valuable teammate. His ability to raise the people around him and encourage others through his leadership is second to none. He personifies selflessness and commitment to the team.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Definitely the beginning of this season with a combination of factors: the cancellation of games, the death of a family member, and COVID. Being away from home in times where you need your family the most make things very difficult. I have my coaches, teammates, and support system outside of football to thank and count myself lucky for in getting me through that period.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Virginia Tech has a strange but wonderful homely atmosphere about it. It’s hard to walk on campus and not get caught saying hello to about 20 people – whether you know them or not. Being hidden away in the blue-ridge mountains, Tech is one of most beautiful campuses I’ve ever seen too!
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food’s got to be chips and dip. Once I start I can’t stop.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I leave no stone unturned and no ball not punted.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- This is probably more a question for other’s to analyze about me. But my best guess would be a smooth lefty so maybe former Patriots punter Ryan Allen.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Without sounding boring or unadventurous, I would have to grab dinner with my mates from back at Tech. There’s never a dull moment and it’s usually where my fondest memories are made.