1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson – The Jacksonville Jaguars take the most polished quarterback in the NFL Draft, and it is a super simple decision. The Jaguars will now have to work on protecting him and getting him some weapons. They have the cap space and I think this is a home run pick for them. Do not be surprised if they end up trading Gardner Minshew during the draft, especially to a team that could use a back-up!
2. New York Jets – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU – The Jets have to take a quarterback now that they traded away Sam Darnold and I feel the BYU product is the pick at number 2 overall. Wilson has swag to him, and will do just fine in the Big Apple. Jets fans are going to fall in love with him, he is a good kid with a huge chip on his shoulder. I think he will have a huge freshman season in the NFL.
3. San Francisco 49ers (from Miami Dolphins via Houston Texans) – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State – We know the 49ers are taking a quarterback, we just do not know who, at this point. I am going to say they take Justin Fields. People are saying the Niners are taking Mac Jones, I just do not see it. At this point, it is either Trey Lance or Justin Fields, and I think they will go with Fields. He is the safer pick.
4. Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida – The Falcons can not think too much on this. Kyle Pitts is a generational player, and I feel he will be a superstar. The Falcons have other needs but this is a best player available approach. Pitts is a stud, and they can get a defensive end in a later round. There is no defensive end at this point worth taking in the top 5. You take the best player available and Pitts is the guy.
5. Cincinnati Bengals – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU – The Bengals have a tough decision, but they make the right one. Everyone wants them to take an offensive tackle, but you cannot pass on taking Ja’Marr Chase. Chase’s relationship with Burrow is going to be huge in his development. Chase is an animal and they can get an offensive tackle in round 2. There will still be some nasty tackles early second.
6. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles) – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon – The Dolphins get the best offensive tackle in the NFL Draft. He falls right to them and the best way to get Tu’a comfortable is to add players around him that will protect him. The Poly background will be huge for the Dolphins. Sewell and Tu’a will grow together. This is the smart pick, I think it is the must pick at this point. I know Dolphins want a wide receiver, but I feel their wide outs are solid, you have other picks as well!
7. Detroit Lions – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama – The Lions land the Heisman Trophy winner. They lost Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay this past off-season. The Lions need a wide out and they land a solid player. Jared Goff has a new number one, and Smith lands on a team that is desperately looking for an upgrade at the position.
8. Carolina Panthers – Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern – The Panthers take the best offensive tackle remaining. You have to protect Sam Darnold and open up holes. Slater is super underrated and they knew that if they traded back the Broncos would snatch him up quickly. Slater is the easy pick and fills in a huge need at this point. This is a very solid pick and a future starter for the team.
9. Denver Broncos – Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State – John Elway lands a top quarterback in the draft and does not have to move to get him. Trey Lance can come in right away and compete with Drew Lock. The Broncos have been adamant about finding a quarterback, they find a young quarterback who gives them options. They are not forced to throw him to the wolves, they can let him sit and learn. This is ideal for Lance.
10. Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama – The Cowboys land the top cornerback in the draft. The Cowboys have an option to take Micah Parsons here, but instead go with the top corner. Surtain helps the Dallas defense go from good to great. I think the Cowboys will have a top defensive unit in the 2021 season. Surtain will be in the running for defensive rookie of the year.
11. New York Giants – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama – If the Giants want to win they cannot keep rotating players at the wide receiver position. If Waddle is not hurt last year he is the Heisman. The Giants land a top receiver in the NFL Draft and give Daniel Jones a true weapon. The Giants make a very smart decision and it hurts the Eagles who select at pick 12, because they were targeting a wide out.
12. ***TRADE**** New England Patriots (from Philadelphia Eagles via Miami Dolphins via San Francisco 49ers) – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama – The Patriots come up to 12 to land Mac Jones. The Eagles were getting calls from Washington and did not want Mac Jones in their division. They call the Patriots and swing a trade. Patriots come up to 12 and land the Alabama gun slinger. Eagles land a two draft picks to move back three spots.
13. Los Angeles Chargers – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State – This was the easiest decision ever for the Chargers. The Penn State linebacker will head to LA, and play for the Chargers. The Chargers steal the most athletic player in the draft. Parsons becomes a day one starter for the Chargers.
14. Minnesota Vikings – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech – The Vikings offensive line looks like swiss cheese, they have holes and I feel Darrisaw is a future Pro Bowler. The Vikings stay put and land a top rated prospect. This was an easy selection for the Vikes.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (from New England Patriots) – Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech – Eagles land a top ten cornerback in my opinion. He had a prior back injury, but he can go right now. The Eagles team up Farley with Slay and they now have one of the best secondary’s in the NFL. This is a great addition by the Eagles, because Farley is a freak athlete, and they pick up an additional pick by moving back.
16. Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina – The Cardinals need a cornerback, and with them losing Patrick Peterson they are able to find a replacement. Horn falls to them at 16 and it is a blessing because many teams have Horn rated higher than Farley. The Cardinals already have one of the best pass rush tandems in the NFL with JJ Watt and Chandler Jones and now they find a solid cornerback to make a quarterback’s decision making harder.
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC – I think Vera-Tucker can be played in multiple positions on the offensive line, and the Raiders need to land some protection for Derek Carr. I was going to give them an edge rusher, but I feel Vera-Tucker is a better option at this point.
18. ****TRADE**** Pittsburgh Steelers (from Miami Dolphins) – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan – The Steelers jump up in the draft to get a projected top 10 pick. Paye falls and the Steelers strike to get up. It cost them a future 2nd round pick and two picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, but the Steelers find a future replacement of Cam Heyward.
19. Washington Football Team – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame – WFT drafts the best player in remaining. JOK is a freak athlete and with that nasty defensive line, JOK will become a super star. Washington cannot reach at taking a quarterback, they have to play their cards right and go best player available.
20. Chicago Bears – Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern – Newsome is a Chicago born player who can come in right away and start for the Bears. The Bears have needs, but cornerback is a need and Newsome is a big kid with speed. He is one of the most fluid defensive backs in the 2021 NFL Draft, so the Bears land a stud.
21. Indianapolis Colts – Jaelen Phillips, EDGE, Miami – Phillips should have been taken in the top 15 picks and he would have been a top 10 pick if he didn’t have injuries in his past. Phillips is a freak, and he is a great player. I think the Colts steal a top 10 pick. Chris Ballard is a genius.
22. Tennessee Titans – Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa – The Titans snag one of my favorite players. I love Collins and feel he is going to be a steal. The small school linebacker can come in right away and make Mike Vrabel’s defensive unit better. Collins is a homerun and the Titans have to be smiling with him lasting until 22.
23. New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) – Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State – The Jets land one of the meanest offensive lineman in the NFL Draft, and they pair him with Zach Wilson for a homerun on the first night of the NFL Draft. Joe Douglas crushed the draft on the first night and this will get the Jets going on the right path.
24. Miami Dolphins (from Pittsburgh Steelers) – Najee Harris, RB, Alabama – The Dolphins trade back from 18 pick up some more future picks in next years draft and they still land the player they wanted to select. Najee Harris will make an immediate impact on the Dolphins roster from day one. The Dolphins absolutely crush the draft on Day 1.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams) – Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame – Protect your quarterback, that is the message the Jaguars send with the 25th pick. The Jaguars strike gold with this pick. They do not waste much time on the clock, because they know the importance of protecting Trevor Lawrence.
26. Cleveland Browns – Asante Samuel, CB, Florida State – The Browns take a player I feel is one of the best players in the draft. Samuel is a proven cornerback at the FBS level and they find a future star. The Browns could have went pass rusher but they ended up landing Jadeveon Clowney in free agency so they go for the throat by signing Samuel.
27. Baltimore Ravens – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami – The Baltimore Ravens run to the podium. How and the heck did the FBS sack leader last? He is super young and the Ravens need pass rushers. This is a homerun pick for the Ravens. Too easy!
28. New Orleans Saints – Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama – The massive defensive tackle from Alabama falls to a contender. The Saints land one of the best defensive players in the draft and they do not have to move to land him. Barmore is a huge kid with great athleticism and it is a very poor defensive tackle draft class.
29. Green Bay Packers – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia – The Packers land a speed rusher with great athleticism. The edge rusher with amazing pass rush skills lands on a team that had a knack for getting after the quarterback. This was a home run pick.
30. Buffalo Bills – Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson – The Buffalo Bills did not want to move up, and every player they valued was taken. They really wanted Asante Samuel and Gregory Rousseau but when both were taken in front of them they still end up drafting the home run hitter running back at 30. Etienne is explosive and can help them out in the return game as well as their speed back.
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa – The Chiefs just show off by landing a massive defensive tackle to pair up with Chris Jones. This will end up becoming one of the nastiest defensive line tandems in the NFL. The Chiefs learned you need to get after the quarterback during the Super Bowl so they strike gold with Nixon.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Joseph Ossai, EDGE/LB, Texas – The Buccaneers know they have a nasty pass rush so why not add to it. The Buccaneers have the luxury to pick the best player available and they do that with the 32nd pick in the draft. Ossai is a freak.