- Name: Kyle Poland
- Position: LS
- College: West Virginia University
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 237
- Twitter: @kpoland24
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I do feel like I am an underdog, but it’s not something that I am worried about. As a walk-on in college, you are the underdog. You have to work hard to get noticed, so this is nothing new to me. I feel like my pro-day performance put me on a lot of team radar.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I am a great teammate and willing to do whatever is best for the team. I will always be the first one in and the last one out no matter what we are doing.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would be to an organization that’s goal is to end child abuse/ neglect in the U.S.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero would have to be my dad. Without him, I probably wouldn’t have started long-snapping. He started working with me when I was in 6th grade because he always said “the easiest way to make it on a college football team would be as a long snapper.” I ran with it.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in the locker room at West Virginia was Dante Bonamico. He was a guy that was always under the radar but in my opinion, was our best Special Teams player.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People showing up late to scheduled activities. If there is a time that you need to be somewhere you should always be at the location at least 10 minutes early if not earlier. “If you are on time, you are late”
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Fortunately, I have had very little adversity or hard moments to overcome during my life, but if I had to choose it would be waiting to earn the starting job at West Virginia. I was behind many great snappers (one who is currently with the Dolphins and one who spent time with the Colts).
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- West Virginia has always been special to me. I grew up about 10 minutes from the stadium and have been going to games since I was young. Something so special about this school is the fans. You won’t find a better fan base in college sports and I’ll stick with that. At West Virginia, you don’t have to compete with fans for a professional team or other power 5 schools. The fans are extremely loyal to our team specifically.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is probably beef jerky.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- You are getting the best long snapper in the draft. You won’t find a more dedicated, hard-working, and unselfish player than me. I am willing to do whatever it takes for the team as a whole to be successful.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- A player at my position I would compare myself to would be Jon Weeks. He’s somebody I have watched throughout my career and our consistency really sets us apart from others.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with three people dead or alive they would be Brad Paisley because he’s my favorite country singer and I listen to him almost daily. Pat Mcafee because he’s somebody I’ve always wanted to hang out with since seeing him play as a mountaineer. Last but not least would be Kobe Bryant. He’s a role model for me because of his mentality, work ethic, and how he handled himself on and off the court.