- Name: Joe Sculthorpe
- Position: C/G
- College: North Carolina State University
- Height: 6’ 2”
- Weight: 297
- Instagram: @j_scully98
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- Personally, I do not believe I am an underdog. It is what other people see me as. I know what I can do. I just need an opportunity to prove it at the professional level.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- What I lack in measurables on the field, I make up for with my technique. I take pride in giving myself the best opportunity for success by perfecting my craft.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Children’s Hospitals. When I was born, I was diagnosed with a neuroblastoma. If it were not for the great doctors that helped me get rid of my cancer, I do not know if I would be here today. They do amazing work and they should never have a shortage of resources.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Besides the Blue Power Ranger? I always looked up to my parents. I could count on one hand the number of football games or wrestling matches they missed, while they were raising me. They always supported my dreams and ambitions of playing football as a career and I can not thank them enough. Besides that, every and all coaches invested their time into me while I was playing sports. From Pop-Warner, all the way up to College, I always idolized my coaches.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- That is a long list. If I could, I would bring my entire O-Line with me to the next level, I am expecting big things out of offense as a whole. To pick a single guy is really hard.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Disorganization. I do not like sloppiness.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment I had to overcome was being suspended for a game two seasons ago. I lost my poise and faced the consequences. However, there is not a coach our player in that locker room that would say I did not change for the better. I learned from my mistake and I became a better player and a better man, because of it!
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Well, I consider NC my home. I was born in NJ and moved when I was around 9. So, I grew up around the intense NC State and UNC rivalry. I saw how much pride fans had for their respective team and how much little kids looked up to those players! So getting the chance to play for NC State and actually be the football players I dreamed of being when I was a kid, was just an honor. The school gave me such a great opportunity in life and I am forever grateful.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Yes, next question…
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am the most underrated offensive lineman in the upcoming draft, that mindset is going to fuel me while I fight for my opportunity to play professional football.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Probably Garret Bradbury. I got the chance to watch him while we were teammates at NC State and learned everything I could from him while he was there.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Guy Fieri, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Dave Chappelle. That would be one hell of a dinner. Guy cooking up some BBQ, having The Rock cut a promo, while Dave tells hilarious stories! Tell me that doesn’t sound fun!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- One of the best players in the FCS! He tore it up this year @Cameron7Ward is a manimal! twitter.com/UIWFootball/st…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago