- Name: Corey Straughter Jr
- Position: CB
- College: University of Louisiana Monroe
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 188
- Twitter: @StraughterJr
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- Absolutely, which I’ve always have been I didn’t come from one of these big schools like these other guys but I’m a top corner in this draft. Once I get the opportunity I’ll prove it.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I want to be the best at my position year in and year out, and my work will correlate to that goal.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- World hunger, I feel as though with so much money we have in the world everyone should be able to have food. For that not to be the case is a tragedy
Who was your childhood hero?
- Reggie Bush, I was a huge fan of Reggie Bush growing up he’s one of the reasons I fell in love with the game.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Josh Newton, he’s literally a twin of mine. We both have that same passion about ball.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- It’ll probably be when a person complains 24/7, that truly annoys me.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Probably growing up, just not always having and struggling at times. That just makes me want to do for my family even more.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- It’s great being able to play in your home state but it’s even better being able to play in your home town, nothing can beat having your folks being able to come to see you play and support you throughout your college career through the ups and downs.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Apple Sauce, I absolutely love apple sauce I could go through five packs in a day.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If you want a guy that eats, sleeps, and breathes, and lives the game, and truly wants to be the best every single year and will work at his craft every single day to achieve that number one spot year in and year out I am 1000% the player for you.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I don’t really have a game I feel like that is similar to mine I try to take bits and pieces from everyone’s game and add it to mine to make me the best football player I can be.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- A dinner with Kobe Bryant, Floyd Mayweather, and Jay Z would have to be my choices. These guys not only are considered legends and excelled in their respective crafts, but they were also extremely great businessmen. So to be able to receive any type of advice from those guys would be an extreme blessing.