- Name: Chandon Herring
- Position: OL
- College: BYU
- Height: 6’6
- Weight: 310
- Twitter: @chandonherring
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I do, but being an underdog is a great motivator and drives me to prove people wrong.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
I can do it all on the OL. You need a guard? Tackle? Even center, I can do it.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to the humanitarian effort fund for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because they seem to be the first to help and 100% of the donation is used for the effort, no administrative fees are involved.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Both of my grandpa’s, are great examples of hard work and sacrifice. They live a happy life because their priorities are in order and I look up to that.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Uriah Leiataua, he is fast, strong, and talented. When he is healthy he can do amazing things on the field.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Scraping your teeth on a fork while eating.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Various moments on my mission for my church in Washington DC for two years. Physically it wasn’t difficult, but the mental strain of the different circumstances was life-altering.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- BYU is a religious institution, so we are able to have prayer in class, religious discussion, and a higher code of conduct. Bringing God into your life, especially your schooling, is a powerful thing and brings out the best you.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Goldfish Crackers
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am the most athletic and versatile OL in the draft, I can make a difference from day one in various rolls, and I don’t settle for anything short of greatness and my best.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Ryan Ramczyk, I have much to improve on to be like him, but he plays fast, strong, and smart. That’s why I try to model my tackle play after his.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Peyton Manning, Trent Williams, and Vince Lombardi. They are each great in their own way and there are things I want to learn from each. Peyton to learn more on game prep and longevity, Trent Williams on violence and confidence, and Coach Lombardi for the game itself and to learn from a legend.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 9, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Daily Workouts, and Roster Cut nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Rico Report: Rico sits down with Bills RB Zach Moss who says “stop saying we cannot run the ball”… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago