- Name: Tristen Hoge
- Position: OG/OC
- College: BYU
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 310
- Twitter: @HogeTristen
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
• As I always say, any pub is good pub. In all honesty, I’ve never been one that absolutely craves constant attention or believes that publicity, or the lack thereof, is indicative of my play. At the end of the day you can call me an underdog, but it does not change my mentality of hard work or change my perception of my game.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
• I’m extremely competitive in all that I do especially when it comes to work. I’m not one to let myself be outworked easily, I have always taken pride in being one of the hardest workers in the room.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
• Anything that contributes to the aid of the world’s youth through eradication of hunger and betterment of education.
Who was your childhood hero?
• My parents and Superman.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
• I believe that there is a lot of great players on my team that don’t get the pub that they deserve. One of them is along the OL and that’s Clark Barrington. He’s very football smart and an aggressive player. He’s one of the returning starters this year so keep an eye out.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
• When people chew with their mouths open. It absolutely drives me insane and if I see it, I can never look away.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
• This past season I had to deal with COVID-19 and all of the accompanying side effects. From COVID I subsequently developed pneumonia. Developing these in the middle of my final season is quite the kick in the teeth. However, I didn’t want to let it divert my focus or dampen my spirits. Thus, when I was finally able to come back, I decided to come back swinging.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
• LaVell Edwards Stadium sits with the backdrop of the Wasatch mountain front. It is stunning.
What is your favorite snack food?
• You can usually catch me eating some form of jerky.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
• I’m an opportunist, whatever opportunity presents itself, I will seize it.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
• I watched a lot of film on Zach Martin. I think that he is a great technician and trememdous overall player.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Plato: I would love to both understand his knowledge and subsequently argue with or against him.
- Stan Lee; He is one of the minds behind a lot of characters I love.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (70-80’s era): I just want to lift with the guy during his Olympia tenure and early film career.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Dc7Xo5tOsS
about 3 hours ago