- Name: Brett DioGuardi
- Position: Long Snapper
- College: University of Florida
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 240 LBS
- Twitter: @BrettDioGuardi
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- As a Long Snapper it’s normal to go under the radar. You want to do your job and not draw attention to yourself unless you make a play downfield. I don’t mind being an underdog as it allows me to strive to overachieve.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I am hard-working, a versatile individual and a great teammate who will bring exceptional character with a positive attitude to their organization. I have a passion for the game of football and will take advantage of any opportunity given to me.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. I would love to be able to have a beneficial impact on the lives of children going through health challenges. I think St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a great cause and would donate in efforts to help them continue their policy of no family will ever receive a bill.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My father was my childhood hero. He’s always been a hard-working and selfless individual. He is a professional in everything that he does and has always been a good provider for our family. He has been supportive of me and my athletic career since Pop Warner at age 5! I have always wanted to be like him when I grow up and I feel that if I can hold myself to a similar standard as him, I will be an extremely successful person.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Brett Heggie. He is a guy who played in over 40 career games and won the SEC Lineman of the week three separate times. He’s someone who has the ability to play both guard positions as well as the center position at any given time. I feel he deserves a lot more recognition in this year’s draft class.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I don’t have many pet peeves; I would probably say when people chew with their mouth open when they eat food.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I would say the hardest moment would be when my grandfather passed away. He was also a collegiate athlete and a huge Gator fan. I dedicated my upcoming season and anything I achieved athletically in his honor.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The University of Florida has 250 combined SEC championships among all sports. It is a top seven academic school on top of having elite talent in all of their sports teams.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack would have to be cheddar and sour cream ruffles. They are the best chips in the game without a doubt.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, if you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- A hard-working and passionate individual who is going to be a complete pro for your organization.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would it be?
- Cameron Brate – even though he is a Tight End, he is the definition of a pro. He is a smart and athletic football player who takes advantage of every opportunity that he receives.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- The three people would be Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, and Tom Brady. Three athletes that were and still are the GOAT in their profession. I would love to have the opportunity to learn from them and hear their stories.