- Name: Brenden Knox
- Position: RB
- College: Marshall University
- Height:5′ 11″
- Weight:223 lbs
- Instagram: @justbrendenknox (Also thanks to @AstonWilson on Twitter from Agency 1 Sports for letting me do this interview)
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
– My siblings. They played and so I wanted to play.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
– Barry Sanders. Just to pick his brain about the game and watch how he carries himself.
3.What sets you apart from other running backs?
– My tenacity, 3 down capability, and attention to detail.
4.What is your favorite workout?
– Plyometrics and lifting.
5.Rank focus, footwork, and skill-based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
– Focus is most important, then footwork and then skill. Focus you have to know what you are doing to be successful on the field as far as assignments. Footwork allows you to be able to get in and out of your assignments. Skill is the least important in my opinion because if you don’t have an exceptional work ethic skill does not help you.
6.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
– Coaching points and my keys for the game.
7.What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
– Whatever role contributes to helping my team win.
8.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
– Accountability and trust and your character on and off the field.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
– Realizing that I cannot help everyone.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
– A guy you don’t have to worry about on and off the field. A guy that adds to the energy in the room. A guy who is consistent and comes to work every day.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
– Pretty level. Even keel.
12.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
– Getting to the CUSA championship at Marshall in 2020 and winning almost all of our bowl games. The team’s success.