- Name: Ainias Smith
- Position: RB/WR/ATH
- College: Texas A&M
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 193
- Twitter: @ainias_smith
Right now, I noticed you have been getting quite a bit of reps in the spring at wide out, will you be playing RB and slot this year?
- I feel like Coach Fisher is going to use me wherever I can help. Whether that is at WR or RB I will be getting reps at either or. I will continue playing on special teams as well.
You are an underdog, I feel you are the biggest sleeper in the SEC, do you agree?
- I definitely feel that I am an underdog, because people have been sleeping on A&M, but now that they know about us, I feel we can come in this year as a team, and show them. We are here to show them what A&M is about!
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am always going to be working to be the best at my position and to be the best leader I can for my team.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- There is not just one specific cause, I want to be able to give back to all causes. I want to be able to give back to all communities and groups, but would like to start with my own community. This is definitely something I have on my heart.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was Jesus Christ. I learned at an early age that he died on the cross for me!! I feel I know my purpose, and I am going to keep growing every day to serve that purpose as he did for me.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your Texas A&M?
- DeMarvin Leal, he is a true animal. A lot of people may not see it or believe it, but he is awesome. I was surprised that he was not given the accolades he deserved. He is a shut down D-lineman, and a key force to our team.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when I am in the game, and people are constantly talking to me trying to give me different input. I feel I am always willing to listen to them after the game, but not when I am in the zone, I feel I need to be locked into my own way.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- What I had to overcome was growing into who I am today. I had to learn that when you get in everyday situations, you have to be able to get into your own mind to go 100 percent. No matter how hard the day is, The time will continue to go, so you cannot wait for the time to come to you. At the end of the day, the hardest thing for anyone to do is overcome their mind. By doing that you have to go 100 percent, every day no matter how you are feeling. That is the hardest thing to overcome. I have to tell myself to get up, and go do it. I have to go 100 percent in everything I do. That is the hardest thing for me.
Tell me something about your Texas A&M and why it is so special to you?
- The experiences available are special. The brotherhood that we have creative is something special. We have changed the culture of Texas A&M Football. We are starting to be looked at! People are starting to notice Texas A&M. We are holding ourselves to a higher standard, and we are coming together. We collectively are working to get better. We are working for each other to get better. The NFL is there, but we are working together to get there. Academically, the Aggie Network is amazing. You can count on a job somewhere. They say Aggies helped Aggies and I believe that.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Sunflower Seeds
You had punts returns in both years and kick returns in your freshman year, will we see you doing that this year as well?
- Yes, so far I have been taking #1 reps at punt return. We have not worked much at KR, but I am taking #1 reps at punt return, so far.
You had 13 total touchdowns in your career. You had 10 last year, if you were to project how many you have in 2021 what would you say?
- I feel I can definitely need to hold myself to at least get over 10. I would say 15 to 17. I like 17 better because that was my number.
If you could sell yourself to and NFL team in one sentence what would you say?
- You can count on me to do whatever you need me to do, but whatever you do I will still get mine.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Alvin Kamara is who many say, but I feel Tyreek Hill, because with him many people want to give him the ball when they need a play. I feel whenever you need a play I can make it. I feel with Tyreek Hill he is going to get open whether it is with speed or his feet. I can get open. So I pick Tyreek Hill.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My Mom, My Pops, and My Grandmother – because they are living, I want to be able to take them out and go someplace fancy. I love my family!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bills new offensive lineman is a great blocker https://t.co/ADx4YytW2f
about 44 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Cyrus Holder, WR, Duquesne University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cyrus-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ieheuBPbV3
about 1 hour ago
- Breaking: Former Packers draft pick Kendall Donnerson will attend the Panthers minicamp nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/kendal…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...