If Deshaun Watson wanted out of Houston, these lawsuits from a Houston attorney are not helping the matter.
Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee said during a news conference Friday that he will be filing an additional five lawsuits against Texans QB Deshaun Watson “bringing the number of total cases to 12 alleging inappropriate conduct and sexual assault”.
Buzbee reported that 10 more women have contacted him about their encounter with Watson. One whose encounter was as early as earlier this month.
Buzbee said that his office has been in contact with police and that he would provide information to them about the women who intend to sue Watson, yet the Houston Police Department said they have not been in contact with him, as of yet.
NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said “the matter is under review” of the league’s personal conduct policy, and the Texans said they would stay in close contact with the NFL during the league’s investigation.
The seven lawsuits filed so far depict a pattern of sexual assault against massage therapists in the Houston area.
According to ESPN, One woman alleges she was forced into oral sex during the course of the massage. Six of the lawsuits allege these were one-time encounters with Watson, but one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Watson on multiple occasions.
At the end of the day, it would be crazy to think Watson ever plays another snap with the Texans. This case has to be making him mad. His agent responded via Twitter to the allegations.