- Name: Cornell Powell
- Position: WR
- College: Clemson University
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 210
- Twitter: @CornellPowell17
You come from a stacked team and I feel deep down inside you will be a steal in the draft, do you feel you are being overlooked right now?
- I wouldn’t say I am being overlooked, but I feel I have a lot to offer to a team. I have a lot of upside and feel any team that passes on me will regret it.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about Cornell Powell?
- That I am a hard worker. I am a team before myself, kinda guy. Going back to school for my fifth year shows that. I am willing to work, and I do whatever is necessary to make the team better.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- It would have to be breast cancer. I lost a dear, dear friend. She was very special to me, and many others. Her name was Elizabeth Upton, she worked in our high school and was like my School Mom. She passed from breast cancer. You could talk to her about anything, she was amazing to not just myself but every kid in the school. She would give us advice, and she is definitely missed. My grandmother Iciline Woolard also had breast cancer, but she beat it. The sacrifices and pain are definitely why I would donate to the cause.
Who was your childhood hero?
- I would say, my Mom. Watching her raise myself and brother on her own. She never complained, and we never went without anything. She has strength, and I get a lot of my core values from her.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at Clemson?
- That is a tough question, but I would have to say Mario Goodrich. He is a great player, that grinds every day. He had to battle through injuries but is an overall hard worker.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Someone who complains and makes excuses.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Redshirting in 2018. It was the middle of the season and the middle of my career. It was going into my junior year, so that was really tough.
Tell me something about Clemson, and why it is so special to you?
- The opportunities that you have off the field, make it amazing. Especially with P.A.W. Journey program. It allows you to jump into something bigger than football. They have micro internships, mission trips, and you will even meet fortune 500 members.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Trollies or gummy bears
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Don’t miss out on me, I am a guy who has a ton of potential and a lot of upside. I am hungry and ready to work.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- AJ Brown of the Tennessee Titans
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I have to pick 4! That question was too hard.
- Barack Obama because of his journey, the first African American president, and having to deal with a ton of criticism
- Jay Z is not the traditional billionaire, he accomplished success his own way.
- Martin Luther King Jr. because of his resilience, and how he went about life the right way.
- Lebron James because his journey is amazing, and he has his hand in everything.
I want to learn from those guys.