Stud Wide Receiver for the Bears Allen Robinson is about to hit the free agent market. While this is surprising and will hurt the Bears, the signs have been that the Bears and Robinson have had somewhat of a falling out, so maybe this divorce is for the best. With this in mind, we can pick out where the best landing spots for Robinson are, so let’s kick it off!
The Dolphins have been seeking that top receiver for quite a while, and let’s be real Devante Parker and Allen Hurns are not exactly Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. Robinson would be a perfect lead receiver for the Dolphins, and would be great for Tua to lean on along with Mike Gesicki. My only worry is that the Dolphins WAY overpay for Robinson, and lose the cap room to sign other veterans that they desperately need.
I’ll preface this argument by saying that obviously nothing is going to fill the colossal void left by the absence of standout receiver DeAndre Hopkins, however Allen Robinson at least gives Houston a WR to work with who is better than Will Fuller, and certainly better than Randall Cobb and Brandin Cooks. This might also make Deshaun Watson a little happier, and help him lean closer to staying with Houston rather than demanding a trade.
Alshon Jeffery is no longer a suitable number 1 WR, and DeSean Jackson has already been cut. The Eagles need to get their young new quarterback, Jalen Hurts, some help, and Robinson is the perfect way to do that. The Eagles should sign Robinson as their long term option, and as a veteran that can help develop Jalen Reagor, and maybe even revive the career of J.J. Arceaga-Whiteside.
New York Jets
To be quite honest the Jets need just about everything, but whether they are going to move on with Justin Fields or Sam Darnold, you will need someone to play alongside young WR Denzel Mims. Your man in this case has to be Robinson, who can play as a nice complement to not only Mims, but Breshad Perriman as well (if they decide to resign him). The Jets did not have a solid first banana last year, but they can this year if they spring on the opportunity to sign Robinson.
Washington Football Team
This is the only scenario where Robinson would not be the undisputed first receiver, but I believe it is necessary to get some wideouts in Washington. Terry McLaurin is absolutely incredible, don’t get me wrong, but if all Washington has behind McLaurin is a bag of spoons then Washington is in trouble. Washington should sign Allen Robinson to play as a complement to Terry McLaurin and Logan Thomas. Imagine that combo, now Washington would be cooking with lighter fluid.
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct incidents
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smith you are right!
- Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/transa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Last Chance:Trenchmen’s Corner| Christian Barmore Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:2020-21 WALTER PAYTON AWARD FINALISTS | The 16 finalists are…. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/walter… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago