If the Draft was to happen today, Trevor Lawrence has the best odds to be selected first overall. Lawrence already held his pro day and looked great. The bad thing is Lawrence needs surgery and will undergo the knife for a torn labrum.
It is on his non-throwing shoulder, but if he can somehow end up getting selected first overall, he will become the 10th quarterback selected first overall in the past 13 years.
Here are some of the best throws from the Clemson QB’s pro day.
NFL DRAFT HISTORY NO. 1 PICKS
Looking at the recent NFL Draft History, quarterbacks have been selected first in five of the last six drafts and nine of the last 12 going back to 2009.
NFL NO. 1 DRAFT HISTORY
- 2020 – Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati Bengals
- 2019 – Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals
- 2018 – Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
- 2017 – Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns
- 2016 – Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles Rams
- 2015 – Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2014 – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Houston Texans
- 2013 – Eric Fisher, T, Kansas City Chiefs
- 2012 – Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
- 2011 – Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
- 2010 – Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis Rams
- 2009 – Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions