- Prospect Name: Nick Watson
- University: Tiffin University
- Position: QB
- Class: Senior (RS)
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 197 LBS
- Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
- Twitter: @17_slicknick
- Twitch: nickthestick17
- 2019 Great Midwest Offensive Player of the Year.
- 2019 Great Midwest: All-Conference First Team.
- 2018 Great Midwest: All-Conference Honorable Mention Team.
- 2017 All-GLIAC Football Honorable Mention.
- GP: 11
- CMP-ATT: 210-344
- PASS YDS: 2,806
- CMP%: 61.05%
- TD: 30
- INT: 9
- LONG: 93
- YDS/CMP: 13.36
- YDS/ATT: 8.16
- YDS/GP: 255.09
We’re a few weeks away from the scheduled start of the 2021 Spring season. After the extended layoff, what is the feeling like in the locker-room? Is the anticipation at an all-time high, or can you feel the nervousness in the room?
The extended layoff was like a blessing in disguise. It gave us more time to prepare the best way we can and get to where we are now. All of us in the locker room can’t wait to see Walsh on March 13th.
You’re the reigning Conference Offensive Player of the Year. What are the individual expectations for yourself as you enter the season?
My main goal is to win a National Championship. Personally, becoming an All-American is something I want to have under me as well.
Who inspired you as a young athlete?
Growing up, I watched all QBs. Watching them do great things and try to apply it to my structure. But if I had to choose one, I’d say either Doug Williams or Charlie Ward.
What is playing in your headphones before a game?
I have a variety of things playing. I have a nice playlist that I have before games.
How do you manage your athletic responsibilities while also fulfilling your academic requirements?
Just keeping myself disciplined with making sure I get my school work done early and then handle all my athletic responsibilities after, or vice versa. I always give myself a little schedule to get done everyday to make sure I get things done.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
That’s a good one. I can honestly say I don’t think anyone I’ve gone against in my careers so far has been that tough defensively. I can say I go against my teammate, Kevin Hyde, everyday and completing passes against him is one of the most difficult things to do.
If your life was a book, what would the title be?
Who is the best player in the NFL and why?
It has to be Tom Brady. The way he wins, not always big on stats, but does whatever is necessary to get the job done. The leadership and standard he holds his teammates to each and everyday.
Where is the best place to eat in Tiffin?
What do you believe is the greatest challenge most athletes are facing today? How would you go about solving those challenges?
I would say taking care of their bodies. I make sure I see the trainers at least once a week even if nothing is wrong with me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ezekie…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Charles Westbrook, Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/charle… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:QB Spotlight: Quarterback Jack Abraham transferring from Southern Miss to Mississippi State… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Dang slow down Killer!!! twitter.com/braydenwalkerf…
about 1 hour ago
- Here comes the BOOOOOMM twitter.com/fletchercothra…
about 1 hour ago