Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow his journey on Twitter @Yeah_Dtray_
1.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
I want to be able to reach my highest peak of performance and play at the highest level God blesses me to play on. Currently, I play Arena ball for the Wichita Force, but definitely want to move on to the CFL or NFL! When it’s all said and done with football, I want to be happy and proud of what I have accomplished on and off the field. I don’t want to have any regrets or any “what else could I have done?” type of thoughts.
2.What is your favorite workout?
I really love explosion, speed, and conditioning days.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Win every play and every matchup. Whoever lines up in front of me whether it is a DB, LB or D-lineman gets destroyed!
4.Rank focus, footwork, and skill-based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
I would say focus is the most important because you won’t be good at anything if you’re not locked in. The second would be skills! You have to work your craft over and over until you are able to perform at an elite level. Footwork goes along with skill. All positions require some type of footwork. If you don’t have the footwork, it will definitely be hard to be productive!
5.What is your favorite stadium that you’ve played in?
Memorial Stadium in Victoria, Tx. That’s where I grew up playing in. In little league we had stadium day where all teams in the league got to play the last games of the stadium there. In middle school, we thought it was cool to play in the big stadium and of course in high school, we played under the lights there!
6.What do you think is the key to success on the football field?
The main key to success on the field in my opinion is preparation. If you’re not prepared then you’re not going to perform! If you put in the time when no one is looking you will definitely shine when the spotlight hits you.
7.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
My biggest challenge in life has just been adversity. Some personal things but every time I think about folding, I just remind myself about my “WHY” and it just rejuvenates me and I get to pushing again!
8.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
I have so many but the one that probably stands out the most was the game after a coach who I was close to passed away. I dedicated that game to him and had a lot of big plays in the receiving game including a touchdown that game. We ended up losing but I left it on the field that night for him.
9.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
My mom used to throw me the ball in the streets and I could catch real good. So my mom molded me into a WR and the love for the game grew from there.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
Well, I actually have an evaluation from a guy who watches film and rates it, etc. and this was the summary of everything… Evaluation Summary *Daytryan – Elite athlete with a rare combination of size, speed, hands, and route-running ability. Versatility off the charts as a TE / HB / WR. Very tough match-up for a Defense with hands, skillset, and ability in space and in the box. An elite player that needs to be looked at! Projection – *6.4 = Probable Starter Early Backup (3rd – 7th Round): A solid college player who has the traits to succeed at the next level. He may ultimately become a 6.5 or better player and become a starter. You view this player as a solid backup type. Provides good depth for a championship team and should be able to play in a rotation. A backup with staying power.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
It would be my favorite player and childhood role model Calvin Johnson! I loved Megatron. I wore 81 all my life and try to trace after his game! He was just a great guy to look up to.
12. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I am a silent assassin on the football field! I just get on the field and wreck shop for 4 quarters and won’t say anything unless I’m really fired up!
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct incidents
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smith you are right!
- Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/transa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:Trenchmen’s Corner| Christian Barmore Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:2020-21 WALTER PAYTON AWARD FINALISTS | The 16 finalists are…. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/walter… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago