Darius Shackleford was a standout wide receiver for the Youngstown State Penguins. The 6’4 wideout had a great season in 2018 hauling in 11 receptions for 213 yards and two touchdowns.
Shackelford however will now suit up for #TeamJesus. The Newark native was killed in a car crash just before midnight Saturday night.
According to WKBN News, Shackelford was an innocent bystander.
According to a report, YPD was attempting to stop a 19-year-old driver for a traffic violation at the intersection of Albert Street and the Himrod Expressway exit.
The driver attempted to evade police and eventually struck another vehicle on Albert Street,
The driver of the other vehicle was identified as 24-year-old Darius Shackleford.
Police say they had to use the “jaws of life” to cut the roof off to get one driver out.
Shackleford was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the report.
The 19-year-old driving the other vehicle that was involved in the crash was not hurt. There was also a 17-year-old boy with the fleeing driver at the time of the accident.
We ask that you please keep the family and friends of Darius in your prayers during this tough time.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview Datryan Evans, Tight End nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/datrya… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard McBryde, LB, SMU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/richar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- ICYMI:The QB Spotlight Podcast | Malik Willis, Ricky Rahne’s Offense, and Transfer Portal QB’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:QB Spotlight breaks down the transfer of Hendon Hooker transfers to Tennessee Vols nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/hendon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago