- Name: Felix Dixon
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Valdosta State
- Twitter: @BigFe27
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Abe’s place, located on Missouri in Clearwater Florida “The Best Wings”
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Communicating with the safety while being on the same page, calling out motions, Speed, make up speed, making plays, having a short-term memory when things do not go my way. Being patient with myself, hustling to the ball during every play until the whistle blows.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I were to win the lottery, I would build a school in my hometown in Clearwater Florida. Giving back is the most important to me.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I try not to dwell on the word FAILURE. I am strong believer of my lord and savior Jesus Christ, and I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Every obstacle I faced during college was a lesson and a blessing. Doing my part and being a team player, encouraging, motivating others when times get rough and doing the little things as far as never missing or being late to a workout or meeting and giving it your all 100 percent.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Man coverage, making plays when the ball is coming my way and having a short-term memory. Also being a team player off the field weather it is being a shoulder to lean on during difficult times or needing advice on how to cope with things as well in life.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• My quarterback Rogan Wells. He knows what it takes to get the job done.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• “BIG FE” The word big comes from making big plays and just having a strong mentality. And FE is short for my name which is Felix.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is communication. I feel like communication is the key to life itself. Where would we be without it? My goal is to become a public motivational speaker. I want to speak to the college athletes who go through the redshirt phase, battling depression when injuries occur, not being in the spotlight like their use to being in high school. Little do people know, that can make or break a student athlete.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was when I won my first football Championship in little league. A time I will never forget. I was 10 years old (2008)
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Michael Jackson Human Nature or Stevie Wonder That girl
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• “Priest” a movie called “Superfly” which is my favorite. I love the way Priest carries himself as a Boss and he is self-made.
Who is your favorite football team?
• I am kind of a bandwagon so whoever is the best team at the time. Right now, I enjoy watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• I will never give up, no matter what adversity I face in life.
What is your biggest fear?
• 4 years ago, I would have told you my biggest fear was not making it to the NFL, but now my mindset is to be grateful and thankful for the journey that I did have over the years, winning 2x National Championships and 2x conference champion at a high level. Not too many people can say that. God will lead me to the right direction with the right people in my eyes.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Artavis Scott
Take us through game day, how do you prepare?
• 48 hours before game day It is important for me to stay hydrated with lots of fluids and nutrient as well. Also making sure I get at least 7-9 hours of sleep. Game day routine is first things first wake up and say the lord’s prayer, making sure I eat a great breakfast, downloading songs on my playlist, getting stretched before and after meetings/walk through and meditating 30 minutes before kickoff.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I am a big family guy. So, when I am home, I love to lounge around with them. I also love going to the mall, going out to eat and going to the movies as well. On my spare time I love to play video games and hearing Joel Osteen speak.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Patrick Peterson. He is a very smart corner, and he has a passion for the game. He also has a very great short-term memory; he does not let bad plays define his character because there are 4 quarters of football. I feel as if you must have that mindset as a corner.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father Frank Dixon. Just the way he led me to be a leader not a follower. I remember him telling me that at the age of 4 and it has stuck with me since then.
What motivates you to work hard?
• To reach my dream of having a shot at the next level of football no matter if it is Canadian, Arena or the NFL. I was taught to never settle for less and to treat people right respecting my elders and leading by example. Even if the odds are slim to none, make the best out of every situation and aspect. NEVER GIVE UP.